Make a donation

Author Topic: CP's Edition 30 DSG  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Trunkstuff

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Chris's Tornado Ed30 DSG
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »
Looks great! :D

Offline 6waysforward

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
  • Boost junkie
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 01:35:27 pm »
Smart looking motor that. Wish my tornado looked that clean  :laugh:
Tornado Red GTI DSG

Offline Saintsteve

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2017, 07:18:27 pm »
Great choice and looks like a She's in good shape fella

You can't beat a Red Edition 30 that's been Detailed , although I'm slightly biased  :signLOL:

Are you in Instagram? Love the photos.

I'm Saintsteve330 if you are  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:20:23 pm by Saintsteve »
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114
Atlantic Blue Mk7.5 GTE Advance
Follow Saintsteve330 on Instagram

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 08:51:57 pm »
In the middle of moving house last weekend, I upgraded my standard headunit to an RCD510 touch screen unit

The main reason I wanted a new headunit was to have an aux input that looked OEM

I'm very pleased with the new headunit and aux.

I still haven't fitted the cruise control, I'm hoping to get that done in the next couple of weeks.
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 03:25:29 pm »
I managed to get in touch with Dale at VW to get hold of the ed30 plaque for my car

I also gave it a wash and it immediately snowed afterwards. I havent been too well so this is the only clean it's had in the last 3 weeks, it's still clean as I've not been able to drive much  :sad1:

I also purchased a couple of Ed30 badges off a helpful chap on facebook, once I'm feeling better I'm going to fit them.

I also won a full set of good condition Ed30 mats off ebay to keep as spares for my car, i may alternate the mat sets during summer/winter to keep one set good and one set, maybe not so good. :stupid:
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk

Offline bigrich690

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
Looks good clean mate, you must have paid a dam fortune for that kind of mileage
Red 3 Door GTI, Lowered, 18" 3SDMs, Remap, Heated leather, Xenons.....

Offline a8rnx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »
Lovely example!

Was that RCD510 a straight fit mate? No issues in regards to battery drain / gateway issues?

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 06:49:54 pm »
Looks good clean mate, you must have paid a dam fortune for that kind of mileage

Cheers mate yeah I paid a lot for it, I'm hoping it will hold it's money well in the coming years
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 06:51:01 pm »
Lovely example!

Was that RCD510 a straight fit mate? No issues in regards to battery drain / gateway issues?

Thanks mate hoping to have a bit more time come the summer to get it detailed and start doing a few other things with it.

I've not had any battery drain issues, I've just fitted another RCD510 to a mates ED30 and his has been fine too, I've got a couple of Can modules there that solve the drain issue if you have problems
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk

Offline munster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 08:18:06 pm »
I managed to get in touch with Dale at VW to get hold of the ed30 plaque for my car

I also gave it a wash and it immediately snowed afterwards. I havent been too well so this is the only clean it's had in the last 3 weeks, it's still clean as I've not been able to drive much  :sad1:

I also purchased a couple of Ed30 badges off a helpful chap on facebook, once I'm feeling better I'm going to fit them.

I also won a full set of good condition Ed30 mats off ebay to keep as spares for my car, i may alternate the mat sets during summer/winter to keep one set good and one set, maybe not so good. :stupid:

Hi Chris, "helpful chap" is probably the nicest thing I've been called for years  :grin:
Car looks really well in the pictures fella  :happy2:

Offline a8rnx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017, 10:15:29 pm »
Lovely example!

Thanks mate hoping to have a bit more time come the summer to get it detailed and start doing a few other things with it.

I've not had any battery drain issues, I've just fitted another RCD510 to a mates ED30 and his has been fine too, I've got a couple of Can modules there that solve the drain issue if you have problems

Much appreciated mate! I will PM you if required, thanks mate!

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2017, 08:22:18 am »
A couple of updates for the Ed30, no pics unfortunately but they will be coming during the week.

As some know I deal in suspension/chassis parts, exhausts and some motorsport wheels in my spare time, as I have a few different customers wanting to see or experience products in real life, I try and add a few things on to my own car to demonstrate how a particular product works/performance/sounds etc.

From this point, I had a request to see what some 30mm ST springs looked like on an Ed30, I've fitted 20mm's to a customers car previously, however never had the 30mm kit on a car. I've opted to try these out on my own car and see how the perform and look. ST is a fairly new brand to some by name, formerly Weitec, still owned by KW and they offer very good quality products. I've had their suspension and wheel spacers on my past cars and have been very impressed with them.

I've got the 30mm ST Spring Kit on it's way for the car.

I've recently became a dealer for REVO hardware products, so expect to see some of those products on the ED30 soon.

I also have spoken with NIGE at BCS Powervalve to arrange for me to supply exhausts to my customers, so I imagine I will have a BCS System on the car soon, more for demonstration services for my customers, as I've used Milltek & Scorpion in the past and know how great the quality can be from those.

Please check back soon for more updates where the car will no doubt be a little lower and I can write up my review of the springs once they're fitted and settled 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:23:53 am by CP-Performance »
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk

Offline CP-Performance

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 12:46:36 am »
I decided to do a couple of little things to the Ed30 Today.

First of all, I fitted one of the Ed30 badges to the grill, quite a popular thing to do it seems and it looks like it should of from the factory

I also wanted to change the fuel filter, as my car has done low miles I imagine it will of had fuel sat in the tank for long periods without anything new going in there, just in case there was any sludge or rubbish pulled through I thought it was best to change it.

Old One in place, I took the picture for reference for the fuel lines

New one

Old Vs New

I then did the usual fluid checks in the engine bay and gave it a quick spruce up with some Aerospace 303 protectant. The previous owner must of kept the bay clean anyway and I gave it a wipe over when I did the cam follower, DV & PCV, however the salty roads have still put some dirt in the bay. Looks much better now I think

Dirty

Clean

I then took it for a quick drive to make sure everything was ok since the fuel filter change, the car seems to run a little smoother which is great, I took a quick snap of it as I thought it looked decent

Thanks for looking
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:49:44 am by CP-Performance »
Instagram chr1spick
www.cp-performance.co.uk