Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake problem - hard pedal , no brakes  (Read 1837 times)

Offline GTICZ

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Brake problem - hard pedal , no brakes
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:41 pm »
hi guys,

i have a few problems with my 06 mkv golf GTI,

first: when i let the car parked, different time, then i pushed the brake pedal, its really hard on the top and for example in hill its annoying because till i start the car, its could moving, then it everythink okay, pedal goes soft and brakes...so some kind of leak?

second: i noticed it in the first time, when i wanted overtake some car, but was better stop overtaking and get back, problem was when i pushed brake pedal, it was very hard on the top, i heard some strange noise and im not sure if there was some kicking or not, but my brake effect of my gti was worst then an older crap car i wanted overtake! i think road wasn't been without bumps, but not that terrible to do this.. it could be between 80-100km/h

someother time, in a parking lot so i was moving about 3-5km/h i turned right and again.. my pedal was hard on the top, strange noise and hard to stop the car, straight road with a little of dust

once, i start moving from left line to cross into center line, it was on dice road, i moved about 10-15km/h and car in front of me immediately stops, so i pushed brake pedal very fast and hard.. my pedal was again very hard on the top, strange noise for the next 3-5m...and i crashed..    :slap:

after that, im very scary because behavior of my car is very unpredictible, sometime it brakes very good and then again - hard pedal on the top which im not able to push down, maybe its even harder, strange noise and car still moving.. i think, this is not abs system, thats a different kind of kicking and noise.. my is more like scratching

i had car in vcds, there is no failure about brake system, i tried vcds with moving car, but wrong channel, so i did it on measuring blocks only front then rear wheels, othervise lost connection and wheels were same, maybe about 0,5sec one wheel changing speed slower, but still same speed..

i have new zimmerman sport in front with holes, ate at rear

and im desperate.. could anyone help please? also, shocks im not sure how old they are, but i dont think they are bad..

thank You!