Make a donation

Author Topic: R-tech Remap.  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: R-tech Remap.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 11:50:44 am »
A button that requires the engine to be off, ignition on, pedals to be pressed in sequence, then the ignition to be switched off again before restarting the car...... :signLOL:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »
A button that requires the engine to be off, ignition on, pedals to be pressed in sequence, then the ignition to be switched off again before restarting the car...... :signLOL:
Oh yeah because cars are never turned off are they! BTW you do not have to turn the ignition off again once you've selected your map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »
Each to their own,  it I often find map5 a bit aggressive for daily driving, I see this option similar to a 'sport' button

That is what the Linear Pedal Map option is for  :happy2:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 02:31:51 pm »
Oh yeah because cars are never turned off are they! BTW you do not have to turn the ignition off again once you've selected your map.

Nope, I can change it with the engine running and even whilst driving (Lot easier on a Mk2 Leon than it would be on a Mk5 Golf)  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:39:00 am by Dan_FR »
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 02:33:27 pm »
Each to their own,  it I often find map5 a bit aggressive for daily driving, I see this option similar to a 'sport' button

That is what the Linear Pedal Map option is for  :happy2:

Disappointingly I was never asked by RTech about what sort of map I wanted, they simply took my keys and got on with it

Offline Rawhide

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 06:11:31 pm »
I am planning this remap as an alternative to the revo map with switch.  When I asked about it they said it was just boost level that are changing.

The reason I want that feature is my wife is a horrible driver and as we have kids too much power is really a bad idea.  I can then lower the boost if she's using my car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 07:04:37 pm »
I am planning this remap as an alternative to the revo map with switch.  When I asked about it they said it was just boost level that are changing.

The reason I want that feature is my wife is a horrible driver and as we have kids too much power is really a bad idea.  I can then lower the boost if she's using my car.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good plan. Map 1 is very 'flat' so perfect for her  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr