Make a donation

Author Topic: Question regarding my RS4 fpv 200 bar frps  (Read 3347 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Question regarding my RS4 fpv 200 bar frps
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:16 pm »
Would I be able to fit these parts and not map my car for a while or would there be any issues in fuelling?.

Thanks

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=df3af01rn41np7f3npi3fsu190&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Question regarding my RS4 fpv 200 bar frps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:14 pm »
200bar?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »
The RS4 valve yes, but do not fit the rail pressure sensor
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
200bar?
sorry yes the 200 bar one.

thabks @Dan_FR crappers wanted to fit them all in when I take the front off this weekend but never mind. Can the 200 bar fprs be able to be done at a later date and is it easy enough to do without taking the inlet off?.

Thanks

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:18:19 am »
Never changed one in situ so can't say.

Feel free to check on TFSI Tuning as it may be ok to 'limp' it to R-Tech if driven carefully, but the fuel pressure will end up being a lot higher than the ECU sees/thinks it is. Certainly wouldn't give the car any stick with it fitted until the ECU software is calibrated for it

Why are you changing it anyway!? Aren't you staying K03!? If so then you don't need to change it
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 12:26:19 pm »
I don't know dan thought I'd fit it as the front will be coming off  :doh:
you're right about the fuelling so I'll leave that alone  :drinking:
May still go K04 later on so will keep this safe.
What of the RS4 fpv can I still give my motor some stick without the map. I'm slowly getting it all on for my 2+ map so IC will also be going on once I chop the reinforcement bar to house the IC and still waiting the 90 degree alloy pipes so won't be any time soon. Time isn't on my side and the weather isn't great although it's nice and sunny outside its freezing  :sad1:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 12:31:55 pm »
200bar?

thabks @Dan_FR crappers wanted to fit them all in when I take the front off this weekend but never mind. Can the 200 bar fprs be able to be done at a later date and is it easy enough to do without taking the inlet off?.

Thanks

Are you sure it's not a 136 bar FRPV? :wink:

(...)C. The other thing they do is use the RS4 fuel rail pressure regulating valve. This valve closes at 136 bar, versus our stock PRVs have a 130 bar limit. APR's stage 3 kit replaces this valve with a custom one because at stage 3, you need more fuel. But, at lower stages, will it help? Let's talk about this valve (OEM Audi P/N 079130757).(...)
Source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6077906-Secret-Mod-RS4-Fuel-Pressure-Regulating-Valve

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 12:40:14 pm »
^^ 200bar is the sensor not the valve

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:55:03 pm »
What of the RS4 fpv can I still give my motor some stick without the map. I'm slowly getting it all on for my 2+ map so IC will also be going on once I chop the reinforcement bar to house the IC and still waiting the 90 degree alloy pipes so won't be any time soon. Time isn't on my side and the weather isn't great although it's nice and sunny outside its freezing  :sad1:

Absolutely fine fitting the RS4 valve, you can fit all of the 2+ bolt ons before mapping without too much worry, just don't go fitting K04 based sensors like the MAP or the rail pressure sensor

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 03:24:35 pm »
200bar?

Thanks

Are you sure it's not a 136 bar FRPV? :wink:

(...)C. The other thing they do is use the RS4 fuel rail pressure regulating valve. This valve closes at 136 bar, versus our stock PRVs have a 130 bar limit. APR's stage 3 kit replaces this valve with a custom one because at stage 3, you need more fuel. But, at lower stages, will it help? Let's talk about this valve (OEM Audi P/N 079130757).(...)
Source: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6077906-Secret-Mod-RS4-Fuel-Pressure-Regulating-Valve
Fuel rail pressure sensor my friend and it's the one I was told to get when going K04 by dan for my car to run properly.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 03:30:58 pm »

Absolutely fine fitting the RS4 valve, you can fit all of the 2+ bolt ons before mapping without too much worry, just don't go fitting K04 based sensors like the MAP or the rail pressure sensor
thanks ever so much for that Dan much appreciated  :smiley: I'll get everything fitted bar the two mentioned and if I do go K04 this year then throw them on with my S3 injectors I sold then bought another set  :doh:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »
Fuel rail pressure sensor my friend and it's the one I was told to get when going K04 by dan for my car to run properly.
The fuel rail pressure sensor is 200 bar for the K04 engine. You can use one from an Ed. 30, R, S3, etc.. I confused us with the RS4 valve. :smiley:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »
The fuel rail pressure sensor is 200 bar for the K04 engine. You can use one from an Ed. 30, R, S3, etc.. I confused us with the RS4 valve. :smiley:
haha sorry man  :grin:

I've got all the sensors but wasn't sure if I should fit the 200bar rps on but thankfully you guys are here to help as I would have made a big mistake by fitting it on and causing fuel issues  :doh:

K04 is something I'm still looking into and wished I hadn't sold my K04 to that clown who damaged it and blamed me. Didn't need the money but wasn't going to go down that route at this time and now thinking doh I should of just done it but the weather and my nerve problem is preventing me from fixing cars  :sad1:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 05:21:21 pm »
haha sorry man  :grin:

I've got all the sensors but wasn't sure if I should fit the 200bar rps on but thankfully you guys are here to help as I would have made a big mistake by fitting it on and causing fuel issues  :doh:

K04 is something I'm still looking into and wished I hadn't sold my K04 to that clown who damaged it and blamed me. Didn't need the money but wasn't going to go down that route at this time and now thinking doh I should of just done it but the weather for one is too cold and second my nerve problem is preventing me from working on cars or even doing general chores  :sad1: