Make a donation

Author Topic: Sticky revs DSG  (Read 3286 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Sticky revs DSG
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:15:08 pm »
Hi guys I've got sticky revs and have noticed this a few weeks now but can't quite put my finger on it!. When changing up revs will stick at 2k 2.5 3 and so forth.
I've had a google search but nothing  :sad1:

The only error code that keeps popping up is the Emissions system incorrect purge flow P0441

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:18:38 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Sticky revs DSG
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:17 pm »
So under normal acceleration, it would normally shift at around 1.5k, but now it's not shifting till much later?

I had that issue on my old car and it was the hub/bearing. It takes speed readings from it and will confuse the car resulting in odd shifting.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:06 pm »
Well it's more when I floor it tbh but the odd normal change in gears too

Which one failed on yours bro?.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 02:19:33 am »
Hi guys I've got sticky revs and have noticed this a few weeks now but can't quite put my finger on it!. When changing up revs will stick at 2k 2.5 3 and so forth.
I've had a google search but nothing  :sad1:

The only error code that keeps popping up is the Emissions system incorrect purge flow P0441

Thanks

Offside rear.

I don't really understand what your symptoms are to be honest mate, is this in S mode or manual? Could you elaborate further?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:27:02 am »
Thanks peskyjones, I've noticed this when in D mode and using the paddles on the steering but will try sports mode today to see if it still happens.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 06:07:29 pm »
See if what still happens?! Im saying it's not very clear what you're actually experiencing, well not to me anyway  :smiley:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 12:48:30 am »
lol I must be explaining it wrong. :doh:

Basically when I'm in drive and decide to floor it the revs go mental and stick for a while at 3.5 4 4.2rpm ransoms basically and even when my foot is released of pedal :surprised:
Only in drive as I've tried sports mode and it's okay.

Check my Facebook post on cam lobe as it looks worth the yours and it is some form of wear/worn.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:43:53 am by r5gtt »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 08:49:08 am »
I see. That is really weird! Does it still drop the gears accordingly? DSG reset? Could your throttle body be sticking?

I can't see it on there at the moment mate, ill have a look later, TFSI tuning ?

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 09:23:53 am »
Just seen on your profile the cam lobe wear - you didn't tag me properly haha.

Is the pump still out? Perhaps get a better pic - can't see too well. You worried about it or not?

On a side note, it looks like oil is getting out and dripping down the cam chain cover? If oil is getting out then fuel could be getting in.

Offline OEM+ DUB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:50:49 am »
On the incorrect flow fault, this sounds like the evap system purge valve has failed open.  This can cause over revving issues.  Changed mine last week (I had an intermittent flow fault) and the car would rev up slightly at idle and occasionally throw a CEL.  Now all is well again.  I have a DSG GTI too.

Hope this helps.
OEM+ 2005 GTI DSG (high factory standard spec and upgraded with S3 alloy hubs, S3 alloy wishbones, Bilstein B8s and VWR springs by my own hands) owned since 2008 and still loving it!

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:06 am »
Are you letting your car warm up properly? If the gearbox oil isnt up to operating temp, then I cant see it running smoothly.....

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 11:31:55 am »
Paradox, mine is clunky until warm so I know where you're coming from - but surely r5 would have noticed this a long time ago if this was the issue. To me it sounds like it is a recent issue.

OEM+ If you experienced the same issues and managed to resolve it, then that sounds promising. However, the P0441 code is very common and I haven't heard of it causing this issue before. Could be...

Maybe try both a DSG adaption and throttle body adaption. Maybe even clean the throttle body whilst you have the rest of the front end off? They are free exercises that can rule out potential causes

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 12:01:52 pm »
Paradox, mine is clunky until warm so I know where you're coming from - but surely r5 would have noticed this a long time ago if this was the issue. To me it sounds like it is a recent issue.

OEM+ If you experienced the same issues and managed to resolve it, then that sounds promising. However, the P0441 code is very common and I haven't heard of it causing this issue before. Could be...

Maybe try both a DSG adaption and throttle body adaption. Maybe even clean the throttle body whilst you have the rest of the front end off? They are free exercises that can rule out potential causes

I was just thinking as its been stupidly cold recently it may be related.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:42 pm »
I see. That is really weird! Does it still drop the gears accordingly? DSG reset? Could your throttle body be sticking?

I can't see it on there at the moment mate, ill have a look later, TFSI tuning ?
it's drops gears but takes a long time or I have to accelerate and it drops  :doh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 03:32:49 pm »
Just seen on your profile the cam lobe wear - you didn't tag me properly haha.

Is the pump still out? Perhaps get a better pic - can't see too well. You worried about it or not?

On a side note, it looks like oil is getting out and dripping down the cam chain cover? If oil is getting out then fuel could be getting in.
sent one on fb as it's easier for me. Not worried at all as it seems normal to me.