Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi from Worcester (looks like I am the 3rd ED30 owner too)  (Read 1317 times)

Offline malc101

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Hi from Worcester (looks like I am the 3rd ED30 owner too)
« on: January 25, 2017, 06:17:53 pm »
Hi,
As above, I have an ED30 in Red (Tornado?) which I have owned for about 2yrs. I love the car, use as my daily and hasn't missed a beat in 27k miles. Now on 110k miles, 56 plate.

However I missed a beat this morning and went up the back of some one in the outside lane of the M1 in the pea soup this morning. It is my fault, just didn't brake early enough, which is really annoying as I always leave a gap. Main thing is nobody was hurt and the other car has a minor mark on it. So it is just the Golf which needs work. They are talking write off and I really don't want that. So have joined to try to find out some more about the car and see if they do write it off, how much I can fix it for.

My shopping list is 2x headlights, Bumper, Bonnet and Offside wing. Plus the usual fixings and trims etc.

I will have a look in the car part section now....

cheers
Mal

Offline malc101

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
Re: Hi from Worcester (looks like I am the 3rd ED30 owner too)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:52:15 pm »
I think the car should be fixed under insurance. Garage confirmed all mechanical parts are fine so just body work. Mostly offside. Hopefully won't need to fix myself. Glad I joined the forum though. Used to be active member of a few years ago but not had a car I like as much as this one. Will see what other mods and tweeks from here.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 09:14:13 pm »
Most parts can be sourced of eBay or on here when you get your post count up...check the slam panel isn't damaged behind the light

Offline malc101

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:48:08 pm »
Cheers Andy will do. I had a good look on eBay last night and found lots of possibilities. I may as well go the insurance route as the other car was a fleet car so I can't pay the owner to fix it. Or at least that is what he said anyway.

Offline malc101

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:21:19 am »
All fixed, new tyres and a clean MOT with no advisories. The silver lining is having a front end with no stone chips. The renewal price wasn't as high as expected.
Very happy end outcome of a rubbish foggy day on jan. Just need to figure out that stereo upgrade.

Offline malc101

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:23:15 am »

Offline FoleE

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 05:40:50 pm »
Nice job mate  :happy2: look out for me in Worcester  :smiley: