Make a donation

Author Topic: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread  (Read 61667 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19:01 pm »
Been a while since an update in here.. Still haven't got the brakes on the car since I decided that I also wanted to change all the parts on the rear subframe while I should have it stripped for fitting alloy rear hubs.

Anyway.. Should hopefully be fitted once my mechanic is back from Worthsee VAG gathering.

Had my minds towards doing a CECM + CCM conversion to BCM. So I now got all the wirering diagrams done and ready to do the retrofit - hopefully without any errors when it's done.

Ordered a "087 AL" BCM that is the highline+ version and will support it all.. So will also retrofit HBA (High Beam Assist) - wanted this for ages and it's the main reason why I'm doing the BCM conversion hehe.

Will remove the interire dash for this job, just to make it alot easier to reach all the wirering underneth the dashboard. This gives a great oppertunity to fit a new air duct to the fresh air intake for the A/C so I will change the duct from 2 flap motor operated one to a single motor which is needed if your car has the 2 motor system and you retrofit a newer climatronic panel.

Hoping this can be done in a weekend  :party:

Also bought another ECU/ECM since my current one won't give the right signal to turn on the A/C compressor - this new one hopefully will :)
Will be replaced as soon my mate got time to help retrieve current file from my ECU and help put it down to the "new" one.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 05:54:00 pm by Christiank »
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
beautiful build thread Chris

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2018, 07:58:00 pm »
beautiful build thread Chris

thanks you Andy :drinking:

Since I'm in here I might aswell post a few updates… Not much to mention - anyway..
Took some time to finally try to fit my NQSBBK front brake kit, however since I have the VW Passat B6/C3 alloy hubs and wishbones, the adapters from Vagbremtechnic didn't fit with the Porsche 986 calipers mounted.

Had to mount the old stock brakes untill Mike from Vagbremtechic have tested this setup - must say I'm impressed that he bought the Passat hubs, Passat wishbones and some Porsche calipers to check alignment on their adapterkit to see what's wrong and why it doesn't hit.   :congrats:

Hope to hear back from him soon, then I can proceed with this upgrade.

Also placed a rather large ordet at a VW dealer from Germay, since I get the parts from there alot - and I mean like ALOT cheaper than in Denmark. Should hopefully be one of the last large orders I make from them  :confused:
All new bolts and nuts to complete rear subframe, trail arms etc etc - All new nuts and bolts to every engine mount and gearbox mount, interior parts to complete my retrofit of mk6 HBA mirror, new air vents, new radio facia, new A/C control panel facia, new fog lights, new fuel lines for the engine, new brackets and gearbox covers for the engine, new Passat R36 rear ARB and some parts so it will be possible to fit the Skoda heating elements to my Seat Cupra front seats.

Was lucky to find a new mk5 GTI rear seat in Denmark for a steal price! Also did find some interioer door sides from Germany in mint condition which should arrive this week. Then I got alle the parts ready to ship out for repolstering :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

My custom turbo build from a GT22 housing so it'll fit with the Darkside Development downpipe and exhaust manifold should also arrive soon, this is the last big part to complete my engine build!

Last but not least I decide to have my interior painted piano black - door trim panels, radio facia, A/C control panel facia, air vents, center sektion on my instrument cluser, trim in the dashboard, trim on the MFSW. Also thinking doing the storage compartment that holds the ESP, PDC buttons however I can't decide if it get scrathes hehe.

So all and all still lots of things to do / have done by other - but atleast now all the componets that made the project standby from my end is all on it's way :D

Will keep you updated with pictures when there's some to show  :party: :drinking:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2018, 07:31:20 pm »
A little update to those who still reading in this :)

Since my brake adapters from Vagbremtechnic didn't fit the alloy wishbones and hubs I've talked to Mike, and it's now possible to buy the new adapters to this setup from the end of this month - so around 1-7-2018.   

So for those of you in here that consider running the Passat, cupra or S3 wishbones and hubs along with the 4 piston Porsche 986/987 front calipers has nothing to worry about now :)

Can't wait to recieve the new brackets so my brakes finaly will go on the car!  :driver:
Decided to buy a used rear subframe that will be blasted and powder coated so all my new parts wont go on an old rusty frame - instaed it would be mounted on this renovated one with fresh paint. 

Still haven't recieved the turbo yet!  :thinking:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »
Converted my CECM + CCM to BCM.

Gives some more futures in the instrument cluster, but mainly did the swap so it will be possible to retrofit "KESSY" and I have already retrofitted mirror with camera to get HBA (High Beam Assist) - this will shut down and light up again automaticly when cars drives against you etc.  :pomppomp:

Few errors have to be cleared, but nothing major :)

Had the whole dashboard out (yeah one more time..  :rolleye: ). Fitted new flap motors for the A/C all the way around while the dash were out. So now all flap motors are newest revision possible - no more clicking noise!

Also fitted a Mk6 armrest since my old mk5 once had a cracked facia and it was somehow not fitted the Mk6 golf center console - the mk6 armrest fits the console much better and also have the 82V color code instead of the mk5 N71.

Had the interior air vents in the dash along with radio and climate panel frames painted gloss black.

Will upload some pictures when I'm back home monday.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2018, 08:57:11 pm »
Got the rear subframe fresh from powder coating today :)

Started the assembly as soon I got home - The wife is out a couple of days, which explains why this is allowed in the apartment

Had to stop the work at this step since I didn't have a M16 nut for the wheel bearings

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2018, 03:20:47 pm »
Finally had the time to swap out my front brakes after trying every possible solution with Vagbremtechnic to make the NQSBBK work with alloy hubs - sadly no good result.

Had to swap back to steel hubs. Picked up a set of steel hubs, had them blasted and powder coated to match my rear subframe.

And front brakes installed :)

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2018, 02:20:31 am »
Really enjoying the updates  :smiley:

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »
Been a while I posted here since I didn't think anyone where following this project hehe..

Anyway a few updates has been happening :
Swapped out front subframe to 2015 rocco one that didn't run more than 6000km. Had i water blasted so it looked like new.. Changed my old steering rack to a 2016 one, all plug'n play besides the new cable loom for gen3 ofc.

Also changed the ABS unit to a H46 which allows me to use 5Q0 Side Assist sensors from Mk7, and this also gave me back up/out assist.. So when reversing out from the driveway and the side assist sensors spots something in their view area the car brakes.

will make sure to add some pictures of all the works in the nearest future for those who still follows this build :)

willni

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2018, 09:38:44 pm »
Been a while I posted here since I didn't think anyone where following this project hehe..

Anyway a few updates has been happening :
Swapped out front subframe to 2015 rocco one that didn't run more than 6000km. Had i water blasted so it looked like new.. Changed my old steering rack to a 2016 one, all plug'n play besides the new cable loom for gen3 ofc.

Also changed the ABS unit to a H46 which allows me to use 5Q0 Side Assist sensors from Mk7, and this also gave me back up/out assist.. So when reversing out from the driveway and the side assist sensors spots something in their view area the car brakes.

will make sure to add some pictures of all the works in the nearest future for those who still follows this build :)

What's the difference on the scirocco front sub frame? and did it also get powder coated?  :smiley:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2018, 10:09:52 pm »
The Rocce front subframe looks the same as the normal mk5 - only that's changed is the shape of the dog bone bushing..

Didn't powder coat the front subframe since it's an alloy piece :) The rear subframe I got powder coated.

Spend hole weekend removing the rear subframe and install the new one  :pomppomp: Also swapped my ABS unit for a newer version that will allow me to use my new Side Assist sensors.

So finally one step closer to the engine install now when both front and rear subframes, susspension and brakes has been updated :congrats:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:25 pm »
Been a while since posting in here.. A few things have been made.

1 - Found a Generation 3 steering rack from the US with cable set and all, had a subframe laying that had been cleaned. So installed the Gen3 rack and subframe along with a powerflex bushing for the subframe, and oh boy it gives noise in the cabin! Not a big fan, but since my engine isn't running that well I'm hoping this might be the major cause to this problem. And if it isn't i really can't see why people have this in diesel cars hehe.

2 - Weekend after the front subframe was done I had the time to finally install my rear subframe. Old one really neede to be replaced that's for sure! I can finally check of the box saying that brakes, susspension, subframes, bearings, bushes and all needs to be done.

a few updates I'll be doing next when I got some time is to install rear view camera that fits the Discover Media and also 2.0 PLA with 1K8 module so it will work on my Discover Media unit.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2019, 11:28:18 am »
Little update on the project.

Not a lot has been done last couple of months due to now house project hehe..

But did manage to convert it from manuel to DSG gearbox, got KESSY start button working, installed RVC that works with my Discover Media unit, new Audi TTS brake setup front and MK6 R rear with discs and all and new seats has been installed

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2019, 12:58:42 pm »
How easy was it to convert to dsg..

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2019, 04:00:00 pm »
How easy was it to convert to dsg..

Took my a weekend to do the full conversion - did take me 3 month to collect all parts since I didn't wanted to use a DQ250 box that had been raped with no correct oil changed - flush and all