Make a donation

Author Topic: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread  (Read 62231 times)

Offline xionoulis

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
Re: What should end up as a r-line converted mk5 around 230TDI horses.
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 11:17:01 pm »
 :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:great job....the 3d cluster is all the money,,,,i am thinking too to make it....even to bring the car to uk in order to happen...i see that there a lot of people are good to electronics....
GOLF GTI 5 712 PS +Dsg,salias+Autotechnica Racing -stage GTX3076R/GEN2+,injectors RS4+APR fuel pump+APR ran flap delete+APR intercooler+downpipe 80mm+custom full exhaust 80-76mml+fox catalyst 100 cpsi+hella lights fwd+valeo+ neuspeed pulley kit-supercharged intake+heated r32 leather seats++led lamps interior+asymmetric 2 eagle f1 tires-tint windows-multimedia china 8 inches-instruments new south performance gauges-plex pbc booster gauge+AWD++++

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2017, 10:20:00 pm »
So I started install some of all the items I've got laying around for the Golf forever now.

Removed the entire front end incl. intercooler, A/C condensor etc etc..
When I was done removing stuff I saw that my alloy pipe from the EGR to the intercooler had a hole in it, which explains the lack of performance the car have had the last few month - the pipe had rubbed agains the corner on the oil cooler  :fighting:

So when I ordered a new pipe from Darkside Developments I could start doing some stuff.

Tried to clean as much I could before I did anything else.. Swapped all old nuts and bolts out I could replace with some new anti rust pieces. Pulled of the airbox to install my AEM air kit from Darkside Developments, which went smooth. After that I pulled the entire dashboard out once again since I've swapped a flapmotor for the A/C during the install of the mk6 dashboard not so long ago. Got everything sorted so all motors are sitting right and is working 100%.

While I had the dashboard out I pulled the wirering to retrofit "Side Assist" and "Anti Dazzle - side mirrors". Now all the wirering just need to go into the connectors. Installed the mk6 dashboard again and finaly connector the TMPS button I've had in the car for a year without connecting it :)

After that I started tackle my right(passenger) door since I had to replace the window regulater. Pulled of the door skins, while I had everything apart I replaced the all wirering door loom with a new one from VW that I had pulled the new speaker cable trough, since I've placed the X-over unit up in the dash hidden away. So... New window regulater, new speakers setup, new wirering and new interior doorhandle with illumination. Did the handles and window button not so lang ago so they still look new.

So while I'm waiting to do the wire harness for the "Anti theft/tow" retrofit I went outside in the front again. Pulled apart the EGR and cleaned it. Installed the turbo end from the hard pipe kit I bought from Darkside ages ago but never got around fitting this end - Just haven't had the time to do it untill now.

Flushed the whole cooling system so this will be ready for some now fluid when everything is connected again. I also installed a new reservoir for the cooling fluid since the old was not that great looking.

Anyway.. Feeling that this never ends my dad brought back my new bumper since I'm doing all the work at his place and I couldn't fit the bumper into the car when we were leaving. Installed the PDC sensors, headlight washer system and just admired my bumper is finaly getting on the car on monday! Feeling it been months since I've bought it hehe  :party:

Will post pictures when I'm on a laptop so that you can see the progress.

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2017, 07:55:18 pm »
Here's some pictures of the work. On sunday hopefully I'll have time to install new springs, dampers and some other bits.

MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline ashtdi

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100160.0.html
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 10:51:44 am »
Nice updates keep it up!

My Build Thread - Golf MK5 PD105 1.9 TDI GTB2260VK 260BHP | 420 FTLB
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100160.0.html

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2017, 05:40:29 pm »
Nice updates keep it up!

Thanks mate.  :drinking:

Well sadly my mechanic had to call in sick today since his wife and kid was sick - So didn't got my dampers, springs, hubs, wishbones, anti lift kick etc etc installed today anyway.  :confused:

Does every one see the pictures rotated or do they show the right way? - When I look the pictures on my laptop with windows 10 it show rotated in landscape mode but when I look at this on my iPhone 7 it shows the pictures standing the right way?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2017, 08:37:00 pm »
A few interioir pictures og how it looks now.

Trim panels isn't putted back in since I'm trying to search doewn a company that can supply me with panels for mk6 dashboard and to all the doors. Osir don't have for the mk6 dashboard..

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2017, 08:11:13 am »
Loving the work you've done here it's brilliant  :happy2:

I'm wanting to upgrade my car also if possible can you point me in the right direction for doing so?
To start with I'd like to change the climate controls & cluster to the same as what you've got.
I've got a mk5 GT-Sport on a 08 plate.
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2017, 09:57:48 pm »
My cluster base is a 3D instrument from a Tiguan. R needles from a mk7 golf R and the dial is from a Mk6 GTD (RPM dial) and a mk6 R (300KM/H).
- Not something you just put together hehe..

Although if I were you - I would start out with a 3d tiguan instrument and then you can always add on new dials, needles etc etc.

The climatronic control panel is from the new B8 VW Passat. - Requires some wire changing and you should retrofit a "AQS" Air Quality Sensor to make it work the way it should with the auto recirculation.

Let me know if you need some more info.

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2017, 05:19:57 am »
All noted cheers mate is certainly something I'm gonna get done will speak to my mate who works at VW (he does all the work on the car as I'm usless  :stupid:)

Will possibly now be next month or the following month as I decided impulsively yesterday to get the car wrapped and don't get it back till next week  :smiley:

Out of curiosity where are you based if he's not up for the job would you be interested/willing to help out.....obviously I'd pay you for it :happy2:
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2017, 10:27:30 am »
All noted cheers mate is certainly something I'm gonna get done will speak to my mate who works at VW (he does all the work on the car as I'm usless  :stupid:)

Will possibly now be next month or the following month as I decided impulsively yesterday to get the car wrapped and don't get it back till next week  :smiley:

Out of curiosity where are you based if he's not up for the job would you be interested/willing to help out.....obviously I'd pay you for it :happy2:

Well your VW mate can't do much installing the cluster or discover media 2 unit since these are not supposed to work in the Mk5 platform. Since it's from newer  cars they are normally coded online to the cars VIN which isn't possible to with the mk5.

I've bought the cluster and navigation unit from a mate of mine who works with retrofits all day.

Sound great with a wrap, which colour did you go with?

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 02:51:36 pm »

Well your VW mate can't do much installing the cluster or discover media 2 unit since these are not supposed to work in the Mk5 platform. Since it's from newer  cars they are normally coded online to the cars VIN which isn't possible to with the mk5.

I've bought the cluster and navigation unit from a mate of mine who works with retrofits all day.

Sound great with a wrap, which colour did you go with?

Its getting wrapped in 3M Matte Dark Grey with the back lights smoked and VW front grill & boot badges black, guy has been in touch and it'll be ready to collect on Saturday or Sunday.  :jumping:

Would retrofits be willing to do the work for me? Where are they based ?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 06:03:28 pm »
Awesome..
First think you'll need to upgrade on your car is the Canbus.

Buy the latest "AS" version.

Then I can ask my friend if he got any clusters left. We are from Denmark :jumpmove:

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »
Awesome..
First think you'll need to upgrade on your car is the Canbus.

Buy the latest "AS" version.

Then I can ask my friend if he got any clusters left. We are from Denmark :jumpmove:

Denmark :shock:
 I've had a look on eBay for a Canbus but I'll be honest I'm not sure what it is I'm looking for!!
Could you post a link for me if possible ?  :congrats:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You