Make a donation

Author Topic: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread  (Read 61713 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: What should end up as a r-line converted mk5 around 230TDI horses.
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2017, 08:07:34 pm »
See if you can track down one with same partnumber then :)

What else you want to upgrade on it? Got search ebay for a highline CECM - this will allow you to have LED footwell lights, ambients light with footwell lights, fog light conering lights, xenon, auto hazard light with hard breaking etc etc.

3C8 937 049 E  - this is the one you should look for.

also track down MAX/highline door controllers so you can retrofit entry light, doorhandle lights, folding mirrors, puddle lights etc etc :)
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Eighteen88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 08:38:27 pm »
See if you can track down one with same partnumber then :)

What else you want to upgrade on it? Got search ebay for a highline CECM - this will allow you to have LED footwell lights, ambients light with footwell lights, fog light conering lights, xenon, auto hazard light with hard breaking etc etc.

3C8 937 049 E  - this is the one you should look for.

also track down MAX/highline door controllers so you can retrofit entry light, doorhandle lights, folding mirrors, puddle lights etc etc :)

I'd like to upgrade all these eventually  :wink:
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2017, 12:45:00 pm »
:happy2: :happy2: :happy2:great job....the 3d cluster is all the money,,,,i am thinking too to make it....even to bring the car to uk in order to happen...i see that there a lot of people are good to electronics....

Hey mate. Just saw your reply. I'm not from the UK. So you don't have to go there to get a cluster like mine ;)
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2017, 08:47:48 pm »

Should finaly find their place at the golf hopefully tomorrow or on sunday :) Looking forward to finaly getting this job done.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:17 pm »
So took some time in the weekend to get some work done. Did start saturday with replacing my dog bone. The old one was cracked in the rubber bushing, so hopefully an improvement with the new one.

Removed the old wishbones, hubs, struts and springs. Replaced everything with the new parts along with new bolts and nuts everywhere.
if anyone is doing this swap remember to order Passat caliper carrier bolts. You can't re-use your old ones since the alloy hub is thicker than your old stock one.

AaronSeext

What should end up as a r line converted mk5 around 230TDI horses
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2017, 03:01:05 am »
Hmm, at this rate, we should be expecting an MK6 TDI come Christmas time.

Are you keeping your "sporty intentions" MK4 TDI?

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: What should end up as a r line converted mk5 around 230TDI horses
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2017, 07:06:40 pm »
Hmm, at this rate, we should be expecting an MK6 TDI come Christmas time.

Are you keeping your "sporty intentions" MK4 TDI?
Hehe naah... Last things I need from a MK6 Golf is the R model DRL's and the GTI model rear lower valance.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2017, 03:56:16 pm »
Recieved some parts to start my brake build.

Also had some trouble with limp mode and a VCDS error on cylinder 4.
changed to injector harness and glow plug to new genuine parts.. No luck though.

Not sure how many miles these plugs have run, but they sure didn't seem fresh anymore xD

Also started to look on my DRL options. Really want the facelift VW transporter DRLs since they are a LED line and noget single bulbs like the mk6 R or the Audi S6. However I'm not sure what'll look like so started out fitting these new Osram LED drls to see if it's something thats worth go further with or just stick the the mk6 R drls instad.

Also got the airbag indicator error away from the dash by fixing the wirering issue you have when you got from Mk5 dashboard to a Mk6 one.
No errors now :)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 09:11:27 pm »
Finaly found an engine that I can rebuild for my car.

Since I never really was satisfied with the Side Assist solution I’ve ordered the genuine VW mirror covers and cutted it up to place into the tweeter trim.

So far I’m very satisfaied - abit sanding and filling tomorrow again and it should be ready to test fit.

Also I’ve finally found an engine I will rebuild.  Should arrive most next week ready to be disassembled to be cleaned. Already got all new seals from Darkside to rebuild. :driver:

Also finally got all parts to finish my rear NQSBBK brake setup.
Just need to clean the calibers and have it painted again :pomppomp:

Will post some pictures tomorrow guys!

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »
Some pictures of the work to fit the "Side Assist" indicator into the tweeter housing.

Pretty satisfied with this instead of the other Honda Accord indicators. Now I can finaly make this projekt complete hopefully soon :)

--
Today I've checked Elsawin to get all the wirering info needed to retrofit the anti theft/anto tow alarm system.
Already installed the sirene, so just need to make my wire harness to the interior componets and then this also can finaly be completed..  :jumpmove:

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
Re: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:27 pm »
Started sand down the GTI carriers... Think I'll find someone that can blast it instead :) Rebuild kit with piston, seals and dustboots arrived today. Still awaiting hose mount and handbrake spring from VW.

VW Caddy rear calipers with VW MK5 GTI carriers.

Rebuild kit from BigRed

A little picture of the new wire harness for the ANTI THEFT / ANTI TOW alarm retrofit. Still need a few connectors in the box before I can finish the harness.. :confused:

Bought the pin removal tool last night - What a joy! Can't belive why I haven't bought this sooner!

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2017, 05:43:15 pm »
Yesterday my engine for rebuild arrived.
Was lucky to find a 2.0TDI 16v BKD 2008 engine with only 42.000miles on the clock ready for the rebuild with Darkside Development parts. Even though it's a 2008 engine it was pretty nasty on the outside with old oil and dirt.

Started taking all of it apart to get everthing ready to be vapour blasted.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:49:16 pm by Christiank »

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2017, 06:44:49 pm »
Well... Not much lately, been working like crazy with my new job. Today I had a little time free and I went to remove last bits and pieces from the top piece from the engine.

Now the Oil sump, head, intake manifold , a few other small pieces from the engine and my rear brake calipers will be dropped of for vapour blasting tomorrow.

Injectors are all shipped of to Darkside Developments to get Firad 120 nozzle fitted, new seals and a calibration :)

Collected a few packages this week for the rebuild :)

Some fresh oil from Millers are ready for when engine is all putted back together.

Some Forge motorsport silicone hoses for coolant ready to be putted on the engine :)

This is a mixed up order with different stuff.. Oil, fuel filters, heated nozzle washer jet for windscreen, Mk6 radio frame, 2L brake fluid, tandem fuel pump, black rear seat lights and black sunglass compartment.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2017, 03:54:44 pm »
Nothing much happened on this car lately.

Still need much engine to come back from the vapour blasting guy, he's a week behind so hopefully it should arrive next week at some point.
Hopefully then I'll be more ready to get the stuff putted back together than what I am now :D - Taking a few extra hours at work to fund this build...... ....

Managed to get a great deal on a genuine Mk5 R32 rear bumper with the upper and lower bumper parts all intact. Will order the mk6 golf gti rear exhaust valance to see if it's possible to build this so it'll fit the mk5 bumper somehow - Since mine a TDI and now a R32 I'll want to do something completely different than what many do with their GTI models which is fit the milltek exhaust with the R32 bumper :)

I will hopefully end up having a milltek exhaust with the mk6 golf tdi black ceramic coated exit pipes with the mk6 GTI dual look which is 1 pipe in each side of the bumper :indifferent:

Also decided to go for the 6-speed manual to DSG conversion :)

Will post some pictures when the parts are back from the blasting.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:10:42 pm by Christiank »

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2017, 06:48:31 pm »
Picked up the stuff from cleaning today - Very nice to see such a great result :)
Now I just need to decide which color my brake calipers should have then they can get powder coated all ready for mounting.

Still need ALOT of parts before this engine will go anywhere  :confused: :sick: