Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel fitment  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Wheel fitment
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 03:06:52 pm »
I'm also on H&R springs. Mine's a mk5, but a mk6 is pretty much the same thing suspension wise.
Yes agree ajp weird ain't it. I'm pretty sure screw mod will sort it.
Start with the simple solutions.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
I'm also on H&R springs. Mine's a mk5, but a mk6 is pretty much the same thing suspension wise.
Yeah it will help. I suppose if you're not looking to go lower in the future it's a bit of a non-issue (assuming there's no underlying problem and the geometry is correct).

I'm personally wanting to go 20-30mm further down with coilovers in a few weeks. If I was catching now, I'd be a bit hesitant to go lower.

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 04:11:31 pm »
Yeah it will help. I suppose if you're not looking to go lower in the future it's a bit of a non-issue (assuming there's no underlying problem and the geometry is correct).

I'm personally wanting to go 20-30mm further down with coilovers in a few weeks. If I was catching now, I'd be a bit hesitant to go lower.
Cars healthy been to Alex (aks) had anti roll bars fitted adjustable ball joints, alloy wishbones with bushes and the springs and new top mounts. Is going back in feb for full service, dsg service new coil packs and sub frame mount.
Also when I had the suspension mods done previously Alex also set up the tracking for fast road use.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »

Cars healthy been to Alex (aks) had anti roll bars fitted adjustable ball joints, alloy wishbones with bushes and the springs and new top mounts. Is going back in feb for full service, dsg service new coil packs and sub frame mount.
Also when I had the suspension mods done previously Alex also set up the tracking for fast road use.
Your alloy wishbones and ball joints may well be sitting the wheels in a different position in the arch than OEM parts could. I know the TT arms give an extra 20mm of track. So that alone would make sense as to why you're rubbing!

I'd imagine Alex has dialled in some nice geometry with those bits.

Nothing to lose sleep over then I'd say mate. Onwards!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:39:35 pm by AJP »