Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth streaming suddenly stopped working  (Read 748 times)

Offline Energybutton

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Bluetooth streaming suddenly stopped working
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »
Hi,

I've got a 2005 GTI, with a retro fitted RNS510 with a 9w7 Bluetooth module and it's suddenly started to struggle with music streaming/accessing the phonebook (calls still work fine). I recently upgraded my phone to the iPhone 7 Plus from a iPhone 6 Plus and thought that the 7 Plus may have been the problem however I've just tried my 6 Plus again and I'm still not able to get it to stream music.

I then thought that it might be the latest software from Apple 10.2.1 which both my 6 Plus and 7 Plus are running but I've managed to try a 6 Plus with 10.0.2 and it's still not wanting to stream music.

There seems to be reports of a lot of other manufacturers Bluetooth systems not playing well with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus but few reports of VW systems playing up from what I can see.

From the testing I've done it seems that it's not phone/software related however I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with the Bluetooth in their cars? specifically after upgrading to a new software version on their iPhone or to one of the latest iPhones?

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: Bluetooth streaming suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:44:54 pm »
Try unplugging the module for a few seconds and plug back in.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline Energybutton

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Bluetooth streaming suddenly stopped working
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:34 am »
Thanks for the suggestion, gave it a shot this morning but it's still refusing to play music, I might try unhooking it for a week and coding it out of the car and see if it wants to play ball when I try to reconnect it. Looks like the 9w7 module has had it though..