Make a donation

Author Topic: Bold Sport Error Free LED Side light bulbs - Dash error  (Read 1541 times)

Offline DrG_GTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 3
Bold Sport Error Free LED Side light bulbs - Dash error
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:24:03 pm »
Afternoon all,
I know this has been spoken about a ton before but i haven't seen a definitive answer for my exact issue.
I purchased these bulbs from Bold Sport for my 2007 MK5 GTi, with Xenons. http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_39_57&product_id=343
When install, with the correct polarity, they light up fine. But if the switch is in auto light mode, before you start the car.. as soon as you start the car the dash error comes up and they do not light up. You can clear this error by turning the lights off (to 0) then on again to either AUTO, or side or dipped beam. This clears the error, dash warning goes away and the bulbs light up as normal.

I played around a bit and if you have the switch set to 0 (off) before you start the car, the error does not occur. However as i bought these as no error AND i like to leave the light in auto mode, i feel as though these are not fit for purpose. I've contacted BoldSport but have yet to hear back.

I have also played around with VCDS and have disable the cold diagnostics for the side lights (front parking lights) but this doesn't solve anything. I don't have VAS so can't completely disable the hot diagnosis system, but to be honest i don't want to as i bought ERROR free bulbs at a premium!

Soo i wondered if any of you have had any issues with "error free" LEDs in the side lights but with AUTO light function enabled? And did you solve it?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:29:58 pm by DrG_GTi »

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Bold Sport Error Free LED Side light bulbs - Dash error
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 07:03:14 pm »
I get a similar issue with my number plate bulbs - irritating as hell when I leave a petrol station and I get the message on the dash to say bulbs are out

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:39:10 pm »
I bought a pair of those and after 1 year of use they died. Emailed them twice and I received a new pair. Again after about 1 year they died again. Emailed again but didn't receive any reply. Just bought new ones from a local store.

I didn't have issues before they started flickerin and turned off.

Offline DrG_GTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »
Damn it, ok thanks @Shoduchi. Does anyone know where to get some 100% reliable bright white LED side light bulbs? I thought bold sport where the ones to go for!