Make a donation

Author Topic: Computer miles reading,  (Read 639 times)

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 60
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: Golf GT TDI 57reg
Computer miles reading,
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:40:37 pm »
Hi everyone, Please can anyone help me ? The trip miles of what's being done is fine But it's the reading for the miles that's left in the tank which seems a little odd. There's about half a tank left but the reading said 3 miles left !! I reset the computer with the wiper arm & it went to 225 which is about right but on my way to work last night it went to 220 then 215 & when I parked up this morning it said 210 But I only work 6 miles away,,, The neddle for the Fuel is reading fine it's just the miles left I can't understand. Thank you for any help & adice   Mk5 golf gt tdi 140.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:43:21 pm by Bozz »

Offline leebes

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • When's the next track day?
  • My Ride: 2007 Mk5 Gti (Reflex Silver)
Re: Computer miles reading,
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:56:22 pm »
Hi Bozz,

If you are referring to the digital miles display on the MFD display, then that is the estimated miles to the next fuel stop at your current mpg usage. So the needle might be at half way, but for example, if you are driving everywhere in 1st at 4,000 revs then the fuel aint going to last long...thus the estimated mileage will go down quickly.

if you drive more eco like, changing gear at the right time, not revving the boots off the thing, then the estimated mileage will not go down so quick. As well as my petrol GTi, I have a 140ps 2.0 TDI Tiguan and can actually make the estimated miles to the next fill up go up on that by driving in a boring manner!

Hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:09:01 pm by leebes »