Make a donation

Author Topic: Wasted time all day  (Read 879 times)

Offline Shamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Wasted time all day
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:32 pm »
Today i thought ill service the car done oil and oil filter then tried to tackle the cam follower got to the last bit ( banjo bolt ) was stuck on there and then thought ill do the dv valve started raining and couldnt get the screws open any advice appreciated thanks

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Wasted time all day
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:32:52 pm »
For the cam follower, have you got m8 triple square bit? Assuming you have I found the best way on my old axx was to use a 1/4 ratchet, about 5 inches long, with a 2 inch extension + the m8 bit holder m8 bit. So from the ratchet to the end of the m8 bit is about 4-5 inches as well. Then go up undeneath and through the hoses/ fuel lines into the banjo bolt that way.

RE the DV bolts, they are allen key bolts IIRC. If you have a small torch you could strap with tape somewhere to aid visibility, also keep bonnet open for light. Make sure the bit is in the bolt securely before turning, as you dont want to round them off. I seem to remember 1 of 3 bolts being up and above the DV which makes it harder, but not too hard. Also i've assumed you have taken the wheel and arch liner off and gone through that way, as going from directly underneath would be a little more difficult.

Offline Shamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:39 pm »
Thanks for the response ill see if i got the toools for the banjo bold and for the dv i didnt take the arch liner beacuse two screws on the bottom didnt want to come off ao i left it and was trying that way

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
The m8 bit isn't common in your standard toolset, halfords do sell them however.

Much easier with the arch liner out

Offline Shamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 10:22:34 am »
Alright thanks