Make a donation

Author Topic: RCD330 with apple car play  (Read 74361 times)

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
Re: RCD330 with apple car play
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 07:51:32 am »
You shouldn't need anything else as that list comes with the aerial adaptor.
But I recommend getting the version B. That listing is for a version A.
It will still work with your parking sensors   

Offline alleks

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2017, 07:35:02 am »
Of course now I'm quite interested in the version with Android Auto. :D I suppose this one would still work with my L version.

However, I'm still waiting to see some feedback about it.
So I asked the guy selling it on AliExpress some info but unfortunately he's not that great with English. All he says about compatibility with an L gateway is what is already stated in the description: "Cars made before 2009,request a new gateway module to avoid battery drain;"

I wonder if there is any hardware difference from the previous non-Android Auto version of RCD330... otherwise I don't understand why it would be incompatible with an L gateway.

Offline Rob.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2017, 08:43:49 am »
I've only learned about these RCD330 units in the past couple of days. Certainly jumped to the top of my list of a replacement for my current Skoda stereo!

I'll never own an iPhone, so need an Android MirrorLink version. Can anyone confirm is it's vital to spent the extra $100 to get this unit:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crngiar-RCD330-RCD330g-Plus-R340G-6-5-MIB-Radio-Carplay-App-Android-Auto-For-VW-Tiguan/32833444755.html?shortkey=ZZZFjuiU&addresstype=600

Or could a normal 187B version be purchased, then the firmware be updated?

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2017, 01:04:48 am »
Recently the link on the mk6golf.com has stopped working i.e. It's been taken down. I didn't have the correct version to make use of the upgrade link so never bothered to download it. Maybe you could ask one of the several people there that did download it to send it to you.
Otherwise you may have to splurge on the one you linked to.

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:46 pm »
https://dropfile.to/BRHUQXW

Active for 24 hours so grab it if you want it!
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Mk6

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2017, 08:21:07 am »
Hello, I've installed the 330+ in my golf 6 2009. It was working fine until i once turned off my car, the stations and usb songs were playing but there was no sound and the button lights didn't work. Any ideas?
I tried to reset the unit and turn off and on my car but it didnt work. It worked again after i left my car for aprox 10 mins turned off

Offline Rob.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:44 am »
So I went ahead and joined the RCD330+ upgraders  :happy2:

I went for the NoName 187B version in the end. Most of the install went smoothly; bluetooth phone and music integration is great, no battery drain issues, flashed new firmware to add Android Auto (though not tested yet).

However, my radio signal is awful. It was working fine with the original Skoda head unit, but it's now essentially unusable. I installed the 2-to-1 fakra adaptor that came with the unit (from AliExpress), so not really sure what else could be causing the issue?

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2018, 08:55:51 am »
Is your adaptor a true 2 into 1 or does the adaptor only plug into one of the original plug (even though it looks like two plug in, ie is there only one cable coming from the adaptor right at the plug the attaches to your original aerial cables)?
If only one cable is coming out, try switching your original plugs around so that the other one is plugged in to the adaptor plug.

Offline alleks

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2018, 11:48:17 am »
Just wanted to confirm that the new RCD330 with Android Auto works like a charm. I've been using it for almost a week now and I'm quite excited - I bought the one from Crngiar on aliexpress. I honestly recommend it.

It came with the rear camera enabled so now everytime I go Reverse, a notification comes up telling that a camera isn't available. Which means I'll now go for a camera as well, why not? :D Any tips? I'll definitely go for the one that stays inside the license plate light.

Offline Rob.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2018, 06:03:50 pm »
Is your adaptor a true 2 into 1 or does the adaptor only plug into one of the original plug (even though it looks like two plug in, ie is there only one cable coming from the adaptor right at the plug the attaches to your original aerial cables)?
If only one cable is coming out, try switching your original plugs around so that the other one is plugged in to the adaptor plug.

Pretty sure it's a true 2-to-1 adaptor. Certainly had 1 connector into the head unit and picked up both of the plugs from the car. Don't think swapping them around is an option, as the tabs are asymmetrical.

I did find a VCDS fault for "antenna - fault to ground" (or similar), so I made sure the plugs were separated from each other and cleared the fault, but it's not helped.

Aidu Auto from AliExpress have now sent me 2 wrong rear camera adaptors for my car (even though I sent him clear dimensions), so starting to get a bit annoyed.

On the plus side, Android Auto works and is brilliant. Was texting the wife using voice commands while driving along. What a time to be alive!

Offline spicypixel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2018, 09:40:25 pm »
Having tried 2 methods, I'm not convinced you can get the dual radio input working, just use the white and accept that's the best signal you can get really.

I've tried the splicing two of the FAKRAs into one input, which lead to expected levels of noise and ghosting of sorts, slight overlap and delay.
Tried using a celsus diversity replacement kit, but it's explicitly for unpowered head units, the RCD330 Plus is still powered, so it was overloading the whole thing - again noise/static.

In the end the white antenna cable (roof) was the only one that worked.
Mk5 GT TDI 170 - MY2007

Offline Timmsy21

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2018, 04:40:18 pm »
So I've just placed an order for a Noname RCD330 Plus from here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Noname-Carplay-RCD330-330G-Plus-6-5-MIB-Radio-For-VW-Golf-5-6-Jetta-CC/32852410288.html?spm=a2g0s.13010108.99999999.8.uVLDzt

I've got a late 2007 Golf GTI and from all the posts ive read it should have an L version canbus. Will have to check but hopefully that's the case.

Only question really is does the below really get the 8 button MFSW working as it should?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BODENLA-RCD330-MIB-RCD510-Multifunction-Steering-Wheel-Button-Control-Simulator-Adapter-For-VW-Golf-5-6/32847626802.html

Offline Db4193

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2018, 11:05:49 pm »
Only question really is does the below really get the 8 button MFSW working as it should?

Think the only way to get mfsw control is mk6 upgrade

Offline phas3r

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2018, 06:22:40 pm »
I am currently on RNS510+9WZ so am wondering if I should jump to RCD330/340

i will gain:
USB functions (i do not have MDI on my current setup)
BT without any additional device
carplay
mirrorlink
direct iphone cable to HU
easier pairing - there's no need to pair using cluster, correct me if im wrong

what i'm concern on losing:
sound quality - any advice on this?
HD resolution
HDD - not a problem
radio station name?
not fully original vw?

any comments?
08 MKV GTI DSG shadow blue
Engine: Revo Stage 2 7-3-9 | Forge Twintake | S3 Intercooler | R8 Coils | APR RSC MK6 Catback + 3" DeCat Downpipe
Brake/Susp : Golf R 345mm Front | Michelin PS4 225/40/18 | BBS CO VZ033 18" | H&R Rear ARB | S3 Lower Arm Bush
Interior: RNS 510 | 9WZ | Retrofitted CC | MK6R Rev Cam | Midline cluster :(

Offline Db4193

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:16 pm »
what i'm concern on losing:
sound quality - any advice on this?
HD resolution
HDD - not a problem
radio station name?
not fully original vw?

any comments?

Sound quality is spot on & I find the resolution fine too.

The radio stations show the frequency but the name of the station is below it in smaller writing. I've had mines back out today while fitting mk6 climatronics & fitted the dual fakra cable but the signal was mince with both in so i've ended up just sticking the off white/cream cable in which must be the fm one as all fm stations are perfect signal/sound but am is non existent