Make a donation

Author Topic: Im not having much luck ATM Maybe you guys can help me turn that around  (Read 1222 times)

Offline NewGtiGuy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Okay so i have a couple of problems which i think should be easy fixes but just one of those annoying things to find the fault exactly.

1. I stripped down the centre console today to swap out a new head unit for the car. Open taking it apart there are only 2 electrical connections to get to the unit which is a hazard light cable and a passenger airbag cable. I disconnected these and nothing else and during putting in the new head unit in i turned on the ignition which threw up an airbag fault code. I put everything back together perfectly but the car is still showing an airbag error. I have checked under the seat and the wiring is in great condition. Upon reading a few posts turning the ignition on while anything relating to the airbag is disconnected even an led saying the passenger airbag could effect it. I have connected up an OBD2 scanner which is not giving any fault codes and i have tried clearing them and it is still there. Please tell me this is a simple fix!!

2.Now this issue is not affecting the car in anyway or form but is rather annoying. When i turn the heating or the air con on a get 3-5 taping noises around the glovebox area and when it runs for a while you get almost like a whining noise which sounds like a belt but that comes and goes. I have removed the cabin filter and checked as much of the internal pipe work but to no avail. Has anyone please got any recommendations??

I am sorry to ask so many questions but im hoping i can help someone myself soon.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nrsks89dmkj21uns2s9sdav924&/topic,19740.0.html
1. You need VCDS to clear the code.

2. The clicking is normal its the servos adjusting the flaps.

Offline NewGtiGuy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Thank you both for such great answers, If the noise from the heating is normal than i suppose i will just have to turn the music up louder :P and im going to a garage on Tuesday to get a new forge motor sport diverter valve fitted to help with the extra boost from my remap. Thank you once again guys and i will try to keep you updated with results

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nrsks89dmkj21uns2s9sdav924&/topic,19740.0.html
I wouldnt bother with the forge DV unless you have already paid for it.... the OEM revision G DV is perfectly fine

Offline NewGtiGuy

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Im getting a sound coming from what sounds like the dv valve when hitting a certain level of boost and when i take my foot of the gas it has a small flutter sound which leads me to believe its the dv valve piston not closing or opening correctly. The car has been remapped and didn't make this noise before and it is very annoying to have after the exhaust is done as well and this noise can be heard easily in a tunnel or just with the window down which makes me sad  :scared:. I have also been told the forge valve can handle higher levels of boost as well without failing. I do really appreciate your help by the way!!!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
See my  post above. Lots of people running 1.4bar on the OEM DV no problem