Make a donation

Author Topic: edyGTI tornado red progress thread  (Read 1680 times)

Offline edyGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
edyGTI tornado red progress thread
« on: March 19, 2017, 11:18:56 pm »
Hi I'm new to the site.bought a 2006 tornado red three door gti about a month ago and am loving it.car is standard great working order so should be able to start modding straight away.plans are to push some more power out of it and improve replace some worn parts.

Here is how it stood the day it was bought
[/URL]

Haven't had much time to mod it only thing I've done so far is cosmectic which was replacing the number plates..

Offline OirishGTI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: edyGTI tornado red progress thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:40:19 am »
looks good..how are those plates legal ? a quick check on citizens info gave this result, calls out white background?:
The main requirements of the rules about the format of vehicle registration plates are:

The registration number consisting of numbers and letters must be in black on a white reflective background
The name of the county of registration must be in Irish, (examples are Baile Átha Cliath, Corcaigh, etc.)
The flag of the EU and the letters "IRL" must be placed on the left-hand side of the plate, the flag comprising 12 gold stars in a circle, the letters in white beneath it, all on a blue reflective background. No other numbers, letters, marks, etc., should appear on your registration plate.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:48:22 am by OirishGTI »

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:20:52 am »
Sorry bud but your plates are illegal!

Now I'm not shaming, I have German pressed ones too. FK Perofmance?

I've had them 4 years and passed two NCT's with them on!

Looks a nice car, few small changes even polishing your headlights will make a huge difference!

Offline edyGTI

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 06:23:56 pm »
Sorry bud but your plates are illegal!

Now I'm not shaming, I have German pressed ones too. FK Perofmance?

I've had them 4 years and passed two NCT's with them on!

Looks a nice car, few small changes even polishing your headlights will make a huge difference!

I no they are I legal
The picture saying they aren't was been sarcastic.
Lights definitely need to be done also want to get my girlls back black might just buy new new ones,don't wamt to spray them and then they start peeling after awhile.
Toying with the idea of lowering it too but I like the ride quality.ideally I'd like to lower it without making it any stiffer