Make a donation

Author Topic: Back in the game - Cupra black 470bhp  (Read 24467 times)

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
Re: Back in the game - Cupra black
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »
Great power! Fast beast! :evilgrin:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2017, 03:01:17 pm »
My e-tuners Stage 2 update.....

The car now goes as quick as it looks. The power and torque comes in very early in the Rev range 390 lbft and over from as low down as 2600rpm all the way to over 5500rpm, peaking at over 410lbft at just 3krpm and holding to 4krpm. Power peaks at over 410bhp with over 300bhp on tap at just 4krpm.
How does that translate into speed?

Well I can repeatedly run launches from 0-60mph in sub 5 seconds and the run from 60mph to 100mph is in the mid 4 seconds.
Next week will bring a trip to Santa Pod, where I will be hoping for a time under 12.5 and a terminal of around 118-120mph. This will be on full weight and road tyres using 99ron.

What is next?.........

Hybrid turbo.....you lot will love this!
Race map........high octane race map to suit.
Brake upgrade......Not 100% on this yet, but it will be appropriate for the car.  :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 04:56:40 pm »
Great results!

Looking forward to the stats after Santa Pod.

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 04:57:37 pm »
You're building a monster! Well, not for the first time

Mighty impressive times for FWD. Credit to the ability of the car in the first place that it'll take that power and put it down.

Hybrid sounds interesting. Hopefully not at the expense of too much at lower revs. And traction might become more and more of an issue... but I'm sure that won't put you off!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 11:21:28 am »
Great results!

Looking forward to the stats after Santa Pod.

Chris
Cheers Chris,
Low 12's would be great and i reckon achievable. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 11:23:58 am »

Mighty impressive times for FWD. Credit to the ability of the car in the first place that it'll take that power and put it down.

Hybrid sounds interesting. Hopefully not at the expense of too much at lower revs. And traction might become more and more of an issue... but I'm sure that won't put you off!

The tuning company can limit the power and torque by gear, so i can have a limited 1st and second gear with full traction and then let rip in the other gears. Traction will be an issue, but my right foot meters that!  :laugh: :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 01:11:27 pm »

The tuning company can limit the power and torque by gear, so i can have a limited 1st and second gear with full traction and then let rip in the other gears. Traction will be an issue, but my right foot meters that!  :driver:
I've always liked the idea of that. Not sure it's something Niki can do for me on my old BWA though!

I assume you won't be too limited caliper-wise with the 17s. APs or something else?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2017, 01:33:17 pm »

The tuning company can limit the power and torque by gear, so i can have a limited 1st and second gear with full traction and then let rip in the other gears. Traction will be an issue, but my right foot meters that!  :driver:
I've always liked the idea of that. Not sure it's something Niki can do for me on my old BWA though!

I assume you won't be too limited caliper-wise with the 17s. APs or something else?
Yeah, it will be limited, but I will be most likely looking at 4 pot Brembo's and the Clubsport S discs With Brembo pads. The Cupra is quite light (mine is currently at 1300 kg) and it shouldn't require massive brakes realistically.
Golf R gone.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2017, 06:44:32 pm »

Yeah, it will be limited, but I will be most likely looking at 4 pot Brembo's and the Clubsport S discs With Brembo pads. The Cupra is quite light (mine is currently at 1300 kg) and it shouldn't require massive brakes realistically.
Yeah I saw those discs on VBT, @Shoduchi put the link up. I'm tempted myself as they'd fit my setup. Although it'd probably be pointless for me - got bog standard 340s that haven't gone wobbly on me (unlike the first attempt) so I'm probably gonna stick!

I do like where this is going though. Less rotational mass with the 17s, less with the two piece 340s (than an OTT disc anyway), less overall weight compared to an AWD equivalent. 1300kg is genuinely lightweight these days. Hate the cliché, but... less is more.

How long til things start getting stripped out...?

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2017, 07:59:35 pm »
e-tuners next for me.

New clutch and de cat downpipe and lets see where we go.

Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:27 pm »

Yeah I saw those discs on VBT, @Shoduchi put the link up. I'm tempted myself as they'd fit my setup. Although it'd probably be pointless for me - got bog standard 340s that haven't gone wobbly on me (unlike the first attempt) so I'm probably gonna stick!

I do like where this is going though. Less rotational mass with the 17s, less with the two piece 340s (than an OTT disc anyway), less overall weight compared to an AWD equivalent. 1300kg is genuinely lightweight these days. Hate the cliché, but... less is more.

How long til things start getting stripped out...?

Things will probably get stripped out as soon as I get bored!  :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 03:12:20 pm »
e-tuners next for me.

New clutch and de cat downpipe and lets see where we go.

You'll not regret it. Great tuners!
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »
So did a few shows this weekend....Saturday did RWYB at Santa Pod and Sunday did GTI International.

Saturday was a great day, but I was having issues with power loss on spinning the wheels down at the start. Ended up with a 12.7@115.68mph which was a little slower in both terminal speed and time but was still a new personal best.

Sunday I went to Inters and decided to do the 1/8th sprint even though I have fwd and was up against a lot of fwd modified motors. The Cupra did really well and better than I thought......even with the issue of power loss after wheelspin the car managed a 0-60mph best of 4.26 seconds, a 1/8th best of 8.35 seconds and a best terminal speed at the 1/8th mile of 96.3mph.
The big bonus here was winning the Seat category and coming away with a trophy. The car was actually quicker on the day than all the FWD cars in the Golf MK5,6 and 7 category too.  :driver:

Found out thanks to Alex Kerr that there is a function you can turn off with VCDS that stops the ECU killing the power when the wheels spin in 1st 2nd or 3rd and this will be a big help next time around when I'm on drag radials.

A big thank you for Steve at Statller for lending me his lightweight alloys shod with R888's and for e-tuners for providing a stonking pair of maps for the engine and DSG.
here are a few photo's of the weekend.......

Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:28 pm »
Golf R gone.

Offline Andy

• Admin