Make a donation

Author Topic: Grrrrr...! Door warning lights...  (Read 3223 times)

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 30
Grrrrr...! Door warning lights...
« on: April 17, 2017, 04:59:00 pm »
Hi guys, I purchased the door warning lights from Bold Sport a few weeks back. I've only got round to fitting them and have hit a problem...

I started with the passenger door, I've got control module 1K0 959 792 C...  The wires are supposed to plug into 1/2. 1's vacant but not sure if it's +12 and 2 has already got a brown ground wire in it?   There's not many pins on the controller no 18/19 either like mentioned in the guide so can anyone help please!!!

Searched around but can't find anything which will tell me what the pins on the controller are, Google just brings up people selling the module ect... Cars an 05 plate BTW

Thanks...  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:01:53 pm by andy7ven »

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Grrrrr...! Door warning lights...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 05:32:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply, that's the guide I was using to fit them, but the door controllers seem to be different to the ones in the guide...!  :confused:

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:34 am »
Can't remember what module my door controllers are. I can find out from my VCDS scan if you need me to.
I also have a 2005 GTI and ran into the same problem as you. After a bit of searching the web I found the answer. Dunno where but I do have photos of my wiring set ups.
The first is the passenger door and the second is the driver's door. Mine is a four door but don't have photos of the rear, but once again they ar not the same as the bold sport guide. I remember for the rears door skin removal is necessary as the ground goes to the door lock ground.
Looks from the photos that passenger side goes to pin 1 and 4. Drivers side is the same but you have to splice into the existing ground on 4.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:56:29 am by The Red Warrior »

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:10:37 am »
ive fit a few of these on Gen 1 door control modules, use pin 1 for the 12v positive, and tap into the ground cable on the fuel cap for the door warning light ground. had no problems like this. and just code it with vcds

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »
Hi guys, I purchased the door warning lights from Bold Sport a few weeks back. I've only got round to fitting them and have hit a problem...

I started with the passenger door, I've got control module 1K0 959 792 C...  The wires are supposed to plug into 1/2. 1's vacant but not sure if it's +12 and 2 has already got a brown ground wire in it?   There's not many pins on the controller no 18/19 either like mentioned in the guide so can anyone help please!!!

Searched around but can't find anything which will tell me what the pins on the controller are, Google just brings up people selling the module ect... Cars an 05 plate BTW

Thanks...  :happy2:

when you said pin 1 was vacant I thought you meant that the pin out of the module wasn't there not that 1 was vacant in the plug Doh!, Raz is totally correct in what's he's says so follow that +12 pin 1 and a ground then they should work. I take it the kit comes with pins to push in the plug? again only repeating last post but you do need to code it with vcds it would just work out the box.
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline andy7ven

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 07:28:18 pm »
 :happy2:

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll have another go this weekend...!    :laugh:

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:30 am »
I no this is an old thread but can someone guide me,I’m trying to do the same on a 05 and my multiplug looks the same,but I don’t have vag com so will have to wait to code them,but in the meantime wanna fit them so when all back togeather it 100% works.
This is my drivers side
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 10:53:08 am »
I no this is an old thread but can someone guide me,I’m trying to do the same on a 05 and my multiplug looks the same,but I don’t have vag com so will have to wait to code them,but in the meantime wanna fit them so when all back togeather it 100% works.
This is my drivers side

see my reply in the other post you made

Offline Ant b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 05:34:57 pm »
Yep cheers for your help :wink:
red mk5 golf gti ks05 fak,ram air intake,3” downpipe/decat,dv+,bcs rev ll exhaust stage 1 remap.coilovers,whiteline rarb and depo projectors,
Edition 30 front splitter,r32/gti rear,r32 side skirts
Soon to be r tech stage 2

Offline szakos

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 08:19:38 pm »
Hi,

I made a Door warning light for the GEN2 module FRONT door and it is work well.
I need help for the GEN 2 module wiring for the REAR doors. I don't find the pin out wiring for the REAR door.
Here is my connector picture from REAR door.

Can you help me ?

Thank you