Make a donation

Author Topic: Your driving pet peeves...  (Read 26705 times)

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
Re: Your driving pet peeves...
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2018, 08:30:27 pm »
Wow, that's quite special. What a caravanning moron. I see this a lot around my way on the M4 - indicating at a junction means I'm cutting you up to make my exit. Also, there is the increasing lack of indicating when changing lanes - juuuust drifting across.... they're obviously more important people who don't need to indicate, and I'm a mind reader!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2018, 09:29:45 pm »
Mid lane hoggers need to be the worst. Approaching motorway at 40-50mph (should be going faster) and boom straight into the middle lane. left hand lane didn’t even get a chance. Then they proceed to sit there for the next 5 miles. Causing all the other traffic to move to the right hand lane to get around them because they are still at 50 which then becomes congested and this whole time the left hand lane is completely empty for 6-700 yards. Which with my frustration I simply driver straight up it and under take about a million cars. I need to stop doing that someone one of these days is gonna pull into the left lane and I’m gonna get caught out  :thinking:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2018, 01:50:32 pm »

......people who think indicating = right of way.

When I think of this I always remember this:
   :driver:

Also, people who try to accelerate when you overtake them - then proceed to flash you like a nutcase, including hitting the indicators - they are soo angry you had the audacity to over THEM!

Yeah that one is classic Mr immovable object dickhead meets Mr unstoppable force twat.  Absolute brainless, basic, neanderthals causing unnecessary drama and expense over a pissing contest.

Yep, the shoving their foot down sorts are just as simple.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:52:03 pm by Pudding »

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline DavGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2018, 02:50:08 pm »
How the system will prosecute you for driving 3-4mph over the speed limit on an A/B road, however it’s perfectly acceptable to drive 20mph UNDER the speed limit.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2018, 06:15:07 pm »
How the system will prosecute you for driving 3-4mph over the speed limit on an A/B road, however it’s perfectly acceptable to drive 20mph UNDER the speed limit.

It isn't acceptable, but old duffers seem to view it as 'safe'.  They should be nabbed for it under the 'Driving without due care.....' penalty.  HGVs swerving to avoid knobbers casually drifting onto DCs at 40mph is bloody dangerous.

Offline jonk710

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2018, 07:00:53 am »
Folk taking liberties really gets my goat up. Golden rule of motoring, if theres a car parked or an obstruction on your side of the lane then you have to stop to let the clear lane through! Simple.
So many times folk just seem to think that they have the right of way then either totally ignore you or give you the smile and thankyou wave  :innocent:
R32
Mk2 16v - Jonk
A6 dog chariot
Rallye under construction

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2018, 10:51:14 am »
Folk taking liberties really gets my goat up. Golden rule of motoring, if theres a car parked or an obstruction on your side of the lane then you have to stop to let the clear lane through! Simple.
So many times folk just seem to think that they have the right of way then either totally ignore you or give you the smile and thankyou wave  :innocent:
Nooo, that's not how it works....If my side of the road is blocked by a parked car, I can just drive onto your side, so that you have to wait for me! Why should I have to wait? I'm more important than you......... Me; Me; Me............

Where my lad lives it's like that, with cars parked up - one old fart d1ck touched my mirror trying to squeze by on my side, and when I opened the window to bollo*k him, he just said what else could he do??? WTF - try waiting until it's clear, you Muppet! Unbelievable it is - I want an old landrover, with those stickie out side steps, just to gouge down the side of their cars for times like that, Grrrrr........ :slap:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2018, 12:39:51 pm »
Another trend on the rise.  Impatient pillocks pulling out in front of you at junctions and roundabouts.  And I mean having to stand on the brakes to avoid hitting them.

I had a very special and basic individual do that to me today, and he absolutely lost his sh1t when I shook my head at him.   Seems to be the way with these modern day angry, entitled f'ckwits.  They can't handle being pointed out they are in the wrong.

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2018, 10:19:50 am »
Another trend on the rise.  Impatient pillocks pulling out in front of you at junctions and roundabouts.  And I mean having to stand on the brakes to avoid hitting them.

I had a very special and basic individual do that to me today, and he absolutely lost his sh1t when I shook my head at him.   Seems to be the way with these modern day angry, entitled f'ckwits.  They can't handle being pointed out they are in the wrong.

I wonder if it's because of no discipline being dished out in the way they were brought up - 'mummy's little precious angel  wouldn't be naughty', so the result is they can never be wrong - and don't understand the basics of  right and wrong.

Another possibility is that they were brought up by 'couldn't give a sh1t' , knuckle dragging parents - producing young morons who throw bricks and stuff at fire fighters and ambulance crews. Either way, it's a very sad reflection on today's society. So much for progress.....

Offline MIJ_JAGGER

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 103
  • -Receive: 77
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2018, 01:10:03 pm »
Still cyclists and cycle lanes.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »
Black cabs. Act like they own the road, belching black soot whilst doing u turns immediately after they pull out in front of you with jaundice yellow headlights. Even worse as a passenger.

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2018, 09:47:31 pm »
Black cabs. Act like they own the road, belching black soot whilst doing u turns immediately after they pull out in front of you with jaundice yellow headlights. Even worse as a passenger.

I thought they did. 
MK5 ED30

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2018, 04:42:21 pm »

I wonder if it's because of no discipline being dished out in the way they were brought up - 'mummy's little precious angel  wouldn't be naughty', so the result is they can never be wrong - and don't understand the basics of  right and wrong.

Another possibility is that they were brought up by 'couldn't give a sh1t' , knuckle dragging parents - producing young morons who throw bricks and stuff at fire fighters and ambulance crews. Either way, it's a very sad reflection on today's society. So much for progress.....

Gawd knows mate.  I think it's just society in general becoming more selfish and self centered.  I had 3 people do the same thing to me and my mate when we were on our push bikes today.  Just blatantly pulled out of junctions in front of us.  I am by no means a militant lycra warrior.  Being both a car and mountain bike enthusiast, I respect both groups of road user, but the standards of driving and respect for other people is massively on the decline.

I blame it on police presence being practically zero these days, especially in my area.  Having been on holiday to a few places recently where armed police patrol the streets, and I mean proper combat gear and MP5s dangling from their shoulders......I think that's what the UK needs.  Something for the throbbers of society to be afraid of.

ReinaldM

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 01:46:33 pm »
One of my biggest driving pet peeves if driving too close to the vehicle in front of you. I hate that. Some drives get close, you can't even see their headlights. I get an urge to just slam the breaks when that happens. lol

Offline Dogma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2018, 09:35:59 am »
One of my biggest driving pet peeves if driving too close to the vehicle in front of you. I hate that. Some drives get close, you can't even see their headlights. I get an urge to just slam the breaks when that happens. lol

Just slow right down for a bit then boot it, slow down again and do the same if they run up to you again. Most times the tailgater gets the message after that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MK5 ED30