Make a donation

Author Topic: Pete's Tornado Red ED30, Now For Sale  (Read 11336 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Pete's Tornado Red ED30, Now For Sale
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:42:24 pm »
Well as some of you may have seen, I am now the new owner of @Martin_jk's. I had been looking for a well cared for, well specced ED30 for a couple of months. I was also on the hunt for one with DSG, Xenons, RNS510 and ideally Tornado Red. Well, this one ticked every single box.

Went up to see the car and meet Martin on Wednesday night and was the new owner less than an hour later. So far I've done around 150 miles in it and I am very happy. The DSG is just fantastic, and the paddles are nice too. Overall, I am very happy indeed.

No major plans for the car, but firstly just put fuel in and then look at going Stage 2+ eventually. In no rush so just going to drive it and enjoy it.

Sure you have seen photos of it before but here it is anyway. It is now fairly dirty so will be getting its first detail in my ownership tomorrow along with fitting a dash cam that I got for my birthday a few weeks back.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:24:49 pm by peter_booker2003 »
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Tornado Red Edition 30 : 1411
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 06:19:47 pm »
Gad to see another 5 door tr eddie in the house a fine choice
Edition 30 num 859

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 12:54:48 pm »
Martin is a great chap, saw the car in the flesh while I was picking his NQSBBK's and the car looked very well cared for. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed!  :happy2:

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »
Brilliant looking example - votex splitter looks really good on it

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »
24/04/17

Thanks for all the kind comments on the car. Can't fault it. It just makes me smile every time I drive it.

Gave the car a quick clean yesterday as didn't have time for a full detail. Have then spent some time on the wheels today with a thorough clean and degrease and then 2 liberal coats of Auto Finesse Mint Rims to keep them nicely protected. The car will have to wait for a proper detail for a few days longer yet.

All running well, have tightened up the APR Carbonio Intake as that was rattling and booked the car in for the thermostat too as it dropping temp on the motorway.
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 05:54:34 pm »
From one Pete to another, welcome  :happy2:

You've got a lovely example there, without a question. Big approval from over there  :party:

Enjoy it :happy2:

Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 07:03:28 pm »
Cheers Pete.  :happy2:

On another note, and one that hopefully someone like @Eddie-NL @Pashka can help with. Ive got both Aux and USB inputs just infront of the DSG Gearstick and I'm trying to get them to play nicely with the RNS510. The RNS just can't seem to pick them up. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need an extra adapter of some form?

Thanks
Pete

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 09:21:36 pm »
Looking good Pete, glad your enjoying the car as much as I did, nice to see that it's gone to a good home too! Make sure you keep this thread updated so I can keep having a nosey :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 09:22:45 pm »
Thanks Martin,

Its all going well. Treated it to a Revo Intake today so will be fitting that tomorrow after work. Really looking forward to hearing it mixed with the DSG  :happy2:

Offline Martin_jk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 09:29:00 pm »
Thanks Martin,

Its all going well. Treated it to a Revo Intake today so will be fitting that tomorrow after work. Really looking forward to hearing it mixed with the DSG  :happy2:
Ohh very nice, good choice! That was one of my first major mods to the car, just to warn you all that lovely noise up front you will be craving some at the back too to finish it off lol exhaust system next ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 08:13:50 pm »
08/05/2017

Gave the car its first proper clean in my ownership today. I think it comes out fantastically well and i'm really loving the car. Fitted a Revo Intake on Thursday too and while initially i wasn't sure if i liked the noise, after driving it back through some wooded areas this evening i'm completely sold on it and it will be staying. Mixed with the DSG in manual mode, its just fantastic.  The APR Carbonio intake will be up for sale in the for sale section at some point.

So, back onto the mini detail today.

First on all, was a good rinse with the pressure washer. This was followed by Fallout Remover, Tar Remover (wiped with a microfibre) and then a snowfoam. Used a 1' detailing brush in the tight to reach areas while the snowfoam dwelled. This was rinsed and then followed by a 2 bucket wash using a Meguiars mitt and AutoFinesse Lather. This was followed by a clay bar and then a final snowfoam and rinse. Dried with a AutoFinesse drying towel.

Machine polished the headlights and rear lights to get them looking spot on. Applied Black Hole by hand, buffed off, and then applied Poorboys Red Nattys Wax ontop. 2 Coats of Nattys wax should keep it looking good for the foreseeable future until i get chance to top up.

Really happy with how its come out. Heading down to Early Edition on Sunday with a mate for a look around so should get a decent run then.

A couple of photos with the Canon DSLR. The rest were too big to upload  :signLOL:

:happy2: :happy2:

photo hosting

image hosting

post image online

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:23:40 pm by peter_booker2003 »

willni

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 09:18:33 am »
If you don't mind me asking are those genuine xenons or copies? and how do you get about MOT without the washers? sorry if that came across rude I'm just interested in getting them

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 12:44:54 pm »
Pretty sure they are Depo's Willni. Its just an advisory on the MOT and passes fine without the washers installed.

So, on the way to work on Tuesday, i had a numpty take off my wing mirror. He was all over my side of the road and decided to take it as an ornament. :surprised:
Fortunately, just the cover is broken but the glass wont stay still now so looks to be new glass too. Have ordered a new cover but need to sort the glass out.

Not much else to note. Its booked in at the garage for the Thermostat, Chain and Tensioner to be done on Monday. Chain and Tensioner, mainly for piece of mind as im sure i can hear a very slight rattle.

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:59 am »
Looks great, nice pictures  :drinking:

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 05:45:01 pm »
Very  good looking car, great pictures aswell. Man I wish I had a sunroof  :signLOL: