Make a donation

Author Topic: Coolant hose Info  (Read 2233 times)

Offline deedaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 5
Coolant hose Info
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:39:41 am »
Hi All

My coolant hose needs replacing, but Im not sure on the part or if I have the corect name for it, does any one know where I can either find the correct part number, or knows what it is.

Car  MK5/GTI/2.0TFSI/AXX

The part is near the cambelt.

Any thoughts would be great.

Dee

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
Re: Coolant hose Info
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:04 am »
Is this the hose that connects to the hard pipe with a spring clip and then disappears around the back of the engine somewhere?
Why do you need to replace it?

Offline deedaz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 47
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 09:18:47 am »
I eventually found out what it is, its the Turbo Water Pipe, and I have item as well. the part number for future ref is 06f121492l

The pipe looks like it has a tear/corrosion, which you can just about see in the photos,  so needs replacing sooner than later.

Rgds

D

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:01 am »
I just stumbled across it now so checked this thread and found you'd updated it.

https://shopdap.com/store/make-model-year/volkswagen/gti/mk5-2006-2009/engine/2-0-turbo-fsi/06f-121-492-l.html

Mine had a hole under the clip that was leaking coolant when the coolant was hot only. I trimmed about an inch off the end before realising that the end that goes over the hard pipe is enlarged.  (as per the photo in the link).Had a mongrel of a time pulling the cut end of the hose far enough onto the hard pipe so that I could secure it with a hose clamp.

At least I fixed my coolant leak though.  :grin: