Make a donation

Author Topic: McCanns  (Read 5536 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: McCanns
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »
I blame them (for whatever part they may have played in her disappearance).......and yes they should have shown remorse and taken thier share of the blame many years ago.

We will never know what truly happened that night but someone knows and they have to look at themselves in the mirror and live with this.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 03:57:44 pm »
Was it really 10 years ago?!! Jeez...

I didn't realise they'd gone out and left her alone.  I guess they've paid the price for that mistake.  And at what point do you give up?  I was always slightly suspicious of their very calm demeanor on TV tbh.  I think beside yourself would be an understatement for any parents who truly loved their kids.  Love being unconditional, right?  Unconditional does not mean leaving them in a room on their own so Mummy & Daddy can go and get pissed.

On a side note, what I do find slightly curious about the human race is the massive amount of effort and cost to find one person, and yet, 1000s needlessly die or go missing around the globe every day, with apparently not that many f'cks given.   Human beings are, it seems, selectively empathetic......

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 12:50:44 am »
Human beings are, it seems, selectively empathetic......

This x 1000

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:23 am »
Was it really 10 years ago?!! Jeez...

On a side note, what I do find slightly curious about the human race is the massive amount of effort and cost to find one person, and yet, 1000s needlessly die or go missing around the globe every day, with apparently not that many f'cks given.   Human beings are, it seems, selectively empathetic......
Agreed....

It's the highly unusual very long term persistence of all parties to this tragedy that intrigues me?
Why this particular missing person?

I would however add...inho...

Doctors generally do seem to suffer to a greater or lesser degree from a "God complex", noticably more than the rest of the general population. And not just in medical specialties.
The ammount of my time the medical profession wastes...they do believe themselves to operate somewhere above the rest of us! I wouldn't last 5 minutes with a similar attitude to my clients/customers.
This complex may in this case account for apparent lack of ownership of blame?

Doctors are also generally well-connected, wealthy & influential and are of course highly intelligent individuals.
Say no more...

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 12:37:02 pm »
Saw in the papers this week that this investigation has so far cost £11 Million.

Police are asking for more funds, so they must have some sort of on-going plan?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 09:50:11 am »
Craziness.  I reckon a tenth of that £11M could have paid an ex-CIA or MI5 private detective who could have found her days.

I don't think all is as it seems with this case.  I smell something ratty and fishy.....

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D