Make a donation

Author Topic: Starting issues!!  (Read 1122 times)

Offline kam

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Starting issues!!
« on: May 09, 2017, 01:13:27 pm »
Right guys could really do with your advice
Vehicle 2.0 Gt tdi  05 plate
Had the crank shaft sensor fault as well as egr playing up. I took it to a mechanic who I have used for bits and bobs to change the crank shaft sensor and thought about changing the egr valve for a Alard delete valve.
Whilst trying to change the sensor he rounded of the nut so the gearbox had to
Come out.
So whilst the box was out I got him to put a new clutch in it. He put it all together and it was only then I realised I would need to get the egr mapped out.The thing that is really annoying me is the car since all this work is not starting smoothly like it was prior to the work . It now almost kind of back fires/ delays hard to discribe . I thought this maybe down to the Egr so I took it off bought a new egr and put it back to standard thinking this would resolve the starting issues but no it still has this issues if anyone can kindly suggest anything that has been missed whilst this work has been done .

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: Starting issues!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 06:13:14 am »
Id be more inclined to think it was a problem with the crankshaft sensor area if its difficult to start. Sure he hasnt trapped any wires when putting it back together?

Offline kam

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: Starting issues!!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:05:19 pm »
Just to confirm the crank shaft sensor has been replaced been researching this and it appears domepeopkehavechanged the battery and some say it's the starter if anyone has had similar issues ??
It's in warm start only this effects the car