Author Topic: WillNi's Red 5dr Edition 30  (Read 9132 times)

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
Re: WillNi's Red 5dr Edition 30
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
Lovely Edition 30 :happy2:

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2019, 12:56:21 PM »
Just adding some photos of the radio and sub. Amp is attached onto the back of the sub so I can remove it easily if I need to do an airport run.

Then gave the car a good clean and put it away for winter properly, using some of the Gyeon products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got the same head unit as me. Are you using the internal amp for your speakers? I'm thinking of getting one of these JBL Bass Pro Micros

I've only got the standard speakers and the internal amp

https://eu.jbl.com/JBL+BASSPRO+MICRO.html?dwvar_JBL%20BASSPRO%20MICRO_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=car-subwoofers#start=1

Edition30 #0002
Powervalve TBE | Eibach Sportline Springs | DV+ | Revo Intake
Coming soon Bilstine B8's | S3 Brakes | Alloy Hubs & Arms | W-ALK

Offline willni

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 28
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »
Just adding some photos of the radio and sub. Amp is attached onto the back of the sub so I can remove it easily if I need to do an airport run.

Then gave the car a good clean and put it away for winter properly, using some of the Gyeon products.

You've got the same head unit as me. Are you using the internal amp for your speakers? I'm thinking of getting one of these JBL Bass Pro Micros

https://eu.jbl.com/JBL+BASSPRO+MICRO.html?dwvar_JBL%20BASSPRO%20MICRO_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=car-subwoofers#start=1

I’m just running the amp that’s built into the headunit at the minute, I’ll eventually get round to getting it all running through the Rainbow Beat 4 Amp that’s powering my sub.

But I’m running Rainbow speakers as well so don’t feel a rush to rewire them again and they sound great already.

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2019, 01:51:11 PM »

I’m just running the amp that’s built into the headunit at the minute, I’ll eventually get round to getting it all running through the Rainbow Beat 4 Amp that’s powering my sub.

But I’m running Rainbow speakers as well so don’t feel a rush to rewire them again and they sound great already.

Thanks, Do you have the SL-C6.3 3ways?
Edition30 #0002
Powervalve TBE | Eibach Sportline Springs | DV+ | Revo Intake
Coming soon Bilstine B8's | S3 Brakes | Alloy Hubs & Arms | W-ALK

Offline willni

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 28
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »
Thanks, Do you have the SL-C6.3 3ways?

I have the IL-C8.3 specific kit for the mk5 golf, any modern ones will probably sound better. Just make sure they get three ways ( three component ), I think there's a big drop in quality dropping down to two component speakers.