Make a donation

Author Topic: Can I use GTI dustshields when fitting the NQSBBK front and rear?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Hey.
I've got the MK5 2.0TDI 103kW/140 model.

My plan is to upgrade my brakes to the NQSBBK in the front and rear. But I've got a few questions before I start collecting all the items that will be needed for this.

- Will I still be able to install the GTI brakes dustshield to the NQSBBK in the front and rear?

- I'm buying the mk3 Caddy rear calipers, and to make them fit I also need to buy a rear GTI brake set to swap over the parts for the Caddy ones?

Don't like putting old stuff to new things, and the rear Caddy calipers will be fully refurbed, with new paint to matchs fronts, seals etc. Should I buy anything else while I'm at it at swapping over the brakes? - I will be getting new dustshields allt the way round if they still is able to fit/sit properly with this new setup?

MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 32
    • Email
I know for a fact that the fronts still fit as I installed my NQSBBK a few weeks back.
I would recommend braided lines for the rear too since you'll be pulling all that apart and you'll have them on the front after doing the front NQSBBK swap.
I already had braided lines all round so didn't need to.

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
I know for a fact that the fronts still fit as I installed my NQSBBK a few weeks back.
I would recommend braided lines for the rear too since you'll be pulling all that apart and you'll have them on the front after doing the front NQSBBK swap.

All right, thanks mate :)

should I buy the HEL lines for the rear GTI calipers?
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email

All right, thanks mate :)

should I buy the HEL lines for the rear GTI calipers?

May as well. Mine aren't HEL on the rear. Can't remember what brand they are though

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
I really don't know anything about this - so sorry for the questions :)

Should I buy rear brake lines for the 2.0 GTI or my 2.0TDI when I will use the Caddy mk3 rear calipers?

Everything from the GTI rear brake caliper should be a direct fit for the caddy brake caliper. But not sure what the difference on the HEL brake lines for the 2.0 GTI or the 2.0TDI is?

Offline The Red Warrior

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
I really don't know anything about this - so sorry for the questions :)

Should I buy rear brake lines for the 2.0 GTI or my 2.0TDI when I will use the Caddy mk3 rear calipers?

Everything from the GTI rear brake caliper should be a direct fit for the caddy brake caliper. But not sure what the difference on the HEL brake lines for the 2.0 GTI or the 2.0TDI is?

No worries about the questions. That's what this forum is for.  :happy2:
Can't give you a definitive answer though, but as long as they share the same fitting I'd say you'll be fine since we're only talking about a flexible hose.
There may be some info about this near the end of the big NQSBBK thread.