Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM bluetooth swap  (Read 1247 times)

Offline tdimac

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
  • My Ride: MY 07 ED30, stage 1 remap, millet resonated system, retrofit oem cruise, RCD510 with oem bluetooth, led interior lighting, teardrop wipe on rear wiper, vcds
OEM bluetooth swap
« on: May 16, 2017, 10:54:08 pm »
Apologies if this exact problem has been covered a trillion times but I'm proving to be more of an idiot than my ex wife thought I was. Retro fitted RCD510, OEM bluetooth prep inc mic in roof, new CAN gateway etc etc. Bluetooth unit was a 9w2 version so I can't make calls via the touchscreen or control music streamed via bluetooth. Purchased 9w7 unit to rectify this problem and will have headunit software updated by stealer to complete the process if required.
Phone sees new bluetooth unit and will pair with it but that's as far as it goes. Phone functionality shows up on the headunit but I can't make or receive calls from it or the phone via bluetooth, phone just keeps defaulting back to phone. Music streaming did very briefly happen but only for a matter of seconds and now nothing. I've not changed any coding except to have phonebook as last name rather than first name as far as I can tell. It must be something relatively simple as I'm not a complete doofus but I have no idea where to start.
Also how do I see what software the headunit is on cos when I long press the setup button it just takes me to the FM/AM/DAB page and whenever I try to find it in vcds I can't see it in a format that people have talked about i.e. AF version rather than AE etc etc.
My bald patch is getting bigger by the second and I'm getting close to letting my inner farmer loose with a big hammer !

Offline tdimac

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
  • My Ride: MY 07 ED30, stage 1 remap, millet resonated system, retrofit oem cruise, RCD510 with oem bluetooth, led interior lighting, teardrop wipe on rear wiper, vcds
Re: OEM bluetooth swap
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 02:45:17 am »
Slight update and further headache...............When I fitted the 9w2 bluetooth module and mic etc with the RCD510 I used a plug and play harness that was supplied, question being is the harness for a 9w7 different in any way ? Been told it is but I'm struggling to find one specific to 9w7 as they all seem to cover several bluetooth modules.