Make a donation

Author Topic: Fast Road Handling Set Up  (Read 1843 times)

Offline KieranM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
Fast Road Handling Set Up
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »
At the moment my ED30 is pretty much standard in terms of handling, it's got a set of H&R springs but that's it. I need a better handling set up now as it's a stage 2+ car and the handling is pretty poor.

I was thinking about getting a Superpro Anti-Lift kit, Relentless coilovers and a H&R rear anti roll bar. Is there anything else I should add to my list? I did think about fully polybushing it but right now I don't have the funds to go daft and change everything.

Will just changing the rear anti roll bar improve things are will I need to change both?

And does anyone know of a good fast road alignment settings? Or will it be best getting it done to the standard settings?

Offline leebes

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • When's the next track day?
  • My Ride: 2007 Mk5 Gti (Reflex Silver)
Re: Fast Road Handling Set Up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:54:36 am »
That list will definitely.transform the handling, is it.enough?.that depends how far you want to go and spend of course...remembering tyres and big part of the handling! You can do all that above, but put some crappy rubber on and ot'll make no difference.

Yes you only really need to do the rear ARB. It will help curb some of the understeer. I went for the VWR version purely because its 3 point.adjustable whereas i think H&Rs are 2 point

Offline colesey

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:37:14 am »
Since the Relentless coilovers come with adjustable top mounts, you may want to dial in some extra negative camber for increased grip.

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:40:14 pm »
You don't need coilovers for a fast road setup.

If you lower too much you'll mess up the roll center and actually cause more handling issues than you solve. Stay sensibly close to OE spec and replace/refresh worn parts such as bushes, drop links etc.

Change both ARB's at the same time.

Get the best tyres you can afford.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline KieranM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »
The main reason I'm changing to coilovers is because my shocks are ruined. If I was to get coilovers the height wouldn't be that low, probably about the same height as it currently sits on H&R springs, I mainly want them for the adjustablity of the top mounts and shocks.

Tyres wise it will most likely be on some AD08r