Make a donation

Author Topic: LED Replacement sidelights  (Read 961 times)

Hafod

LED Replacement sidelights
« on: May 23, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »
Hi
Following failure of one sidelight accompanied with the yellow dash light decided to replace both sidelights with LED types.  They arrived today.  I note from previous topics on LED sidelights I do need to take care with polarity.  But my issue is removing the existing tungsten bulbs.  I've tried, and tried and ...well tried again - my bones will be exposed soon and I will need a blood transfusion too - I just can't budge OS or NS bulbs.  Space is so restricted and I do not want to damage the lamp wires/connectors.  I am thinking about taking the plastic valence off the front to access the headlamp housing fixing and remove them completely.  Yes it's an overkill - but I've given existing forum advice my best shot!
So, question is what is the best way to remove a headlamp assembly allowing easy removal / insertion of the sidelights.  Is this feasible?
Many thanks

Offline dronners

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 34
Re: LED Replacement sidelights
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 01:15:16 am »
a set of needle nose pliars is what i use to get in there. on the drivers side you can increase your access by moving the charcoal canister up and out the way

Hafod

Re: LED Replacement sidelights
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »
Hi
Thanks for your reply.  I have been away for a few days, so apologies for delay in my response to you.  Will be giving this approach a go this week and will report back.  Suppose the risk is accidentally 'grabbing' the cables and not the holder itself.  I noted on my first attempt that the sidelight holder is offset (inside) from the access port in the headlamp assembly and it is this which made removal impossible by hand for me.