Make a donation

Author Topic: Got scammed on the REVO BBK  (Read 8696 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Got scammed on the REVO BBK
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 12:35:13 am »
Alloy wishbones from a S3/Passat are the same size as the Golf's cast ones. It's the TT mk2 that has wider alloy wishbones. The S3/Passat alloy hubs are also the same size as the cast ones. Just thicker on the inside of the brake caliper bracket.

The S3/Passat ball joint is a just a bit different than the Golf ball joint, making the wishbone more angled. Not sure if that would make any great deal of difference.

The SuperPro anti-lift kit adds caster to the wheels, I don't think it makes any difference to the brake disc clearance.

I had some rubbing with SuperPro ball joints on my MB ML450 discs when almost on full lock, either side, and hard cornering. Grinding the ball joints didn't solve the issue. Reverted to OEM ball joints. Later fitter alloy wishbones and S3/Passat ball joints with no rubbing issues.

Alloy hubs aren't compatible with my Brembo 18Z calipers due to the hub being thicker on the inside of the caliper bracket.
Alexvrs said to shave off the balljoints and from what I can see looks like a good idea as you've also pointed out, looking at it it's about 2mm roughly that needs taking off so this is what I'll do as I don't fancy buying more useless parts as the misses will be fretting a shock when my 3 gauges turn out with my Subaru blobeye gauge pod and other little bits I've ordered :scared: :slap:  :signLOL:
Super pro balls do rub as Alex mentioned  :happy2:

Offline Richie-VRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 01:28:40 am »
So sorry to hear about this, I nearly bought them too as I asked if they would fit my Mk6 R. Hope you can get in touch with the seller.

I was going to buy them too but decided I need suspension first as I've got s3 front and rear brakes.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:44 am »
So sorry to hear about this, I nearly bought them too as I asked if they would fit my Mk6 R. Hope you can get in touch with the seller.

I was going to buy them too but decided I need suspension first as I've got s3 front and rear brakes.
honestly speaking I bought them because of the weight factor compared to other set ups but wish I didn't now. Seller hasn't replied to my messages as he knows he's done someone over so says a lot about his character right there @s3dubbin you're a liar and a cheat selling defective goods with damaged, seized pistons, badly pitted pads that aren't even the correct ones NOT mentioned and no mention of this on the sale page!!! I should have realised a bargain isn't really a bargain as there's a story behind them!!! Let's see what the seller comes back with as these were meant to have been bleed somewhat two years ago but two bleed nipples were full of sh** and rust so had to use a drill bit to scrape them out
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:11:24 am by r5gtt »

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 10:07:52 am »
Youve done a good job on the painting the calipers!
Didnt think you get it done so soon :happy2:

Offline Stig_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 10:40:08 am »
I was going to buy these aswell.
But was concerned by how cheap they where spoke to the seller and got he's PayPal details but decided against it in the end.
I was worried about the fit and if they would fit at all.
You've done a great job on the calipers and hope you get it sorted asap.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 10:45:59 am »
I was going to buy these aswell.
But was concerned by how cheap they where spoke to the seller and got he's PayPal details but decided against it in the end.
I was worried about the fit and if they would fit at all.
You've done a great job on the calipers and hope you get it sorted asap.
yeah I did wonder why they were so cheap but as the seller said they came off his S3 I knew they'd fit but didn't know I'd come into these issue  :doh:

Thanks bud, got the seals asap and got in painted within days as the wife doesn't like rubbish in the home  :signLOL:

Offline Craig Stanley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 04:03:15 pm »
Just read this thread. What a toss pot. Hope you get it sorted bud:wink:

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 05:38:31 pm »
Just read this thread. What a toss pot. Hope you get it sorted bud:wink:

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
The seller messages me on WhatsApp and says

Hardly a liar and a scammer. I have been a member on the forum for 10yrs always giving positive input, helping out and never had a negative comment. A scammer and a liar would not have been as helpful all this time. Done nothing but get back to you with every bit of info I know and kept you up to date with the highest level of delivery. Definitely not the service of a scammer.

Me

I'm just a bit p***** mate, Okay so you've been a member for 10 years and given positive input so where's the truth about the pads being shaved down and all the other issues as you've owned or own an S3 so definitely know what you're doing in terms of modding ??? Wasn't an honest dale was it now? I'm as honest as they come maybe too honest for my own good but have never lied or hidden the truth about anything

Offline Wolf Burger

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 06:50:12 pm »
Alloy wishbones from a S3/Passat are the same size as the Golf's cast ones. It's the TT mk2 that has wider alloy wishbones. The S3/Passat alloy hubs are also the same size as the cast ones. Just thicker on the inside of the brake caliper bracket.

The S3/Passat ball joint is a just a bit different than the Golf ball joint, making the wishbone more angled. Not sure if that would make any great deal of difference.

The SuperPro anti-lift kit adds caster to the wheels, I don't think it makes any difference to the brake disc clearance.

I had some rubbing with SuperPro ball joints on my MB ML450 discs when almost on full lock, either side, and hard cornering. Grinding the ball joints didn't solve the issue. Reverted to OEM ball joints. Later fitter alloy wishbones and S3/Passat ball joints with no rubbing issues.

Alloy hubs aren't compatible with my Brembo 18Z calipers due to the hub being thicker on the inside of the caliper bracket.

Thanks Pal  :happy2:
I have been looking at some alloy S3 hubs!
Golf Mk6R 2011- Rising Blue- Manual-
Modifications-
E-Tuners 361 BHP - 350lbs
Revo Intake
Bilstein B16 & H&R ARB's
Team Dynamics 1.3
18Z Porsche BBK
RNS510 with Focal Speaker upgrade
MK6 Recaro Heated Buckets
Cruise Control
Highline Reverse Camera

Offline Richie-VRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 07:53:14 pm »
Any updates @r5gtt ?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »
Any updates @r5gtt ?
Hi Richie, no nothing after my last message so basically must have known about the issues and obviously he knew about the pads!!! Never mind as Karma is there to help me when these type of people do things like this!!

I'm not going to give them back either way as I've spent money on them and replaced and adjusted the issues apart from the fitment issue but will be dealing with that next week when I get back from Birmingham. Thanks for your message mate really appreciate it  :drinking:

Offline Richie-VRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 10:31:09 am »
Any updates @r5gtt ?
Hi Richie, no nothing after my last message so basically must have known about the issues and obviously he knew about the pads!!! Never mind as Karma is there to help me when these type of people do things like this!!

I'm not going to give them back either way as I've spent money on them and replaced and adjusted the issues apart from the fitment issue but will be dealing with that next week when I get back from Birmingham. Thanks for your message mate really appreciate it  :drinking:

Aye he must have known about the pads but I can't see how they fitted his s3 and not your car with s3 arms  :thinking: 

Wish I could have been of more help mate. I'm sure you'll get it worked out  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:30 am »
Any updates @r5gtt ?

Aye he must have known about the pads but I can't see how they fitted his s3 and not your car with s3 arms  :thinking: 

Wish I could have been of more help mate. I'm sure you'll get it worked out  :happy2:
Thats okay appreciate the messages  :drinking:

Yeah a little confused over that too and not sure if the S3 hub or oem gti wishbones would make a difference but not going down that route and ready to grind the balljoints next week  :scared:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 11:07:08 am »
Not an uncommon problem.  In some AP Racing kits it's actually in the fitting instructions to shave your balls.  There's enough meat on them to get away with it.  I ran with shaved balls for about 6 years with no probs.

S3 arms are identical in length to GTI ones.  There isn't a lot you can do with what you've got, other than ball shaving.   You could alter the disc offset with custom bells to push them away from the balls, but that will obviously affect the caliper alignment as well.

I can see why this experience has pissed you off, but it's a common problem.  Just a shame the seller was vague (deliberately?) about it.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 11:15:16 am »
 :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: shaving those balls  :doh: been doing that's ever since I can remember  :thinking:
Yeah that's no big issue tbh, but the pads and other issues makes me  :sick: he said he has been very helpful and on the forum for 10 whole years with positive vibes but screw drivering me over was okay no doubt  :signLOL: no more messages so he's getting blocked too