Make a donation

Author Topic: New Key/Coding  (Read 1407 times)

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
New Key/Coding
« on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »
Looking to get a second key for my ED30 and any old keys taken off the system.

Can anyone recommend any people who can do this please?

Thanks
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline neilw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 26
Re: New Key/Coding
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 11:47:08 pm »
Looking to get a second key for my ED30 and any old keys taken off the system.

Can anyone recommend any people who can do this please?

Thanks
There a place in Bournemouth I used for my wife's Beetle, was £125 and took half an hour. If that's anywhere near you?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Edition30 #0002 R-Tech Stage2

Offline PatchySan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 59
  • Gracie!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:37:54 am »
As you used Midland VW before you could get your second spare key programmed by them, I bought a cheap second hand MK5 key and gutted it for the electrics and bought a new shell, blade and blank Immo4 chip.

Got the key blade cut by the local locksmiths but the final remote programming and immobiliser matching was done by the garage, I think overall it costed me around £60 to get my second key done and it works fine for me which adds piece of mind should I happen to misplace my original.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:09:50 pm »
If you want old keys removing, that's dealer only.  Not sure how they'd do without changing the locks and immobilizer chips though?

I got a new key done through them recently.  Obviously OE quality key (ebay ones are sh*t) and all the coding for £240 all in.   Cheap compared to my old Alfa 147 - £500 for a new key.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline barelyrelevant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 11:08:44 am »
As you used Midland VW before you could get your second spare key programmed by them, I bought a cheap second hand MK5 key and gutted it for the electrics and bought a new shell, blade and blank Immo4 chip.

Got the key blade cut by the local locksmiths but the final remote programming and immobiliser matching was done by the garage, I think overall it costed me around £60 to get my second key done and it works fine for me which adds piece of mind should I happen to misplace my original.

Would you mind explaining a bit more detail about this? You can buy any OE mk5 key as long as it's on the same frequency as the one you have? Then bought a new shell (optional I guess?) and a new blade. Bought a blank RFID chip for the immobiliser. Got the blade cut to fit the locks and then the RFID cloned from your current key for the immo?