Make a donation

Author Topic: New Member from Hertfordshire  (Read 1177 times)

Offline killarag

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
New Member from Hertfordshire
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:51:17 am »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Liam, but everyone calls me knowlesy. (My username is my Gaming Username)

I have been a MK5 Golf GTI owner for almost 4 years now.
I used to be part of a small local car enthusiasts group but we went our separate ways due to constant (female dog)ing behind peoples back etc.

This happened two years ago and I have been very reluctant to join other groups because of this.

A bit about me?:

Well, I am 24 and have always loved Golf GTI's. At an early age when my step dad come along, he owned (still owns) a MK4 GTI Anni which is a beautiful car.
Being driven around in it and driving it myself, I was like "This is the car for me when I'm older"

My first car was a MK2 Golf Driver. Being young, I have no mods.
That went wrong (something with the carb flange) so I bought another MK2 Golf 1.6 CL
That went wrong (engine was on its way out) so I went to a fix or repair daily fiesta(Cry face)
I wrapped that around a lamp post being silly and ended up getting another Ford fiesta.
The head gasket went on that and I scrapped it  :grin: :grin:

I thought to myself, all these cars I've bought just keep going wrong... I need myself a newer and reliable car...

I went to Milton Keynes and bought myself a MK5 Golf GTI.
Insurance was very high but I didn't care, a Golf GTI is what I wanted and that was that.

And so I am here now, trying to find another group with a similar interest as me and go to car shows.

If there are any shows near me, I will certainly try my best to sign up for club camping if available.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:57:15 am by killarag »

Offline Bozz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 60
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: Golf GT TDI 57reg
Re: New Member from Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »
Hi & welcome Liam

Offline Andy

• Admin