Make a donation

Author Topic: Painting Edition 30 badge  (Read 3670 times)

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
Painting Edition 30 badge
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »
Has anybody ever painted the inserts of their Edition 30 badges? If so, what paint/colour did you use? I know I could replace the badge but would rather avoid doing so if possible because of the glue & older paint etc.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willni

Re: Painting Edition 30 badge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:15:16 pm »
I haven't but maybe a touch up brush and take your time might work

Offline eddie pk

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »
might be easier dabbing in paint with a cocktail stick , then finishing with a fine brush? . bit of a faff though , if you heat the badge then cut the glue with dental floss or fishing line you should be fine. a bit of tar and glue remover then a nice new badge may be the best way.. about 30 quid for a new badge ?

willni

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »
might be easier dabbing in paint with a cocktail stick , then finishing with a fine brush? . bit of a faff though , if you heat the badge then cut the glue with dental floss or fishing line you should be fine. a bit of tar and glue remover then a nice new badge may be the best way.. about 30 quid for a new badge ?

£30-£45 region, had an idea what what about vinyl lettering I forget who did some of it on the forum for the interior.

Offline Trow81

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Painting Edition 30 badge
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 05:34:40 pm »
As above heat badge hot water, heat gun etc my weapon of choice dental floss (don't matter if it's minty ) then a good tar remover, clean, buff and new badge. You will only spend ages trying to get it right then wont be happy with the result and end up buying a new badge anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 02:36:04 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys. Looks like I might just bite the bullet on the new badge then! Are they still available at the dealers or is eBay my best bet?

Offline grey golfster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edition 30 # 993; Stage 2 n a bit....
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:44:40 pm »
Badges are getting scarce now, over the last 2 years or so... wasn't long ago they were about at £12 ish. Now perhaps 3 times that?

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »
Badges are getting scarce now, over the last 2 years or so... wasn't long ago they were about at £12 ish. Now perhaps 3 times that?

Chaps - I managed to source the OE badge from VW Classic Parts in Germany. VW Heritage in West Sussex are a dealer for them - today I spoke to Luke and managed to order one through them  :happy2:

If you're after the badge delivery is 3-4 weeks as they place an order once a week with VW CP and have to wait for it to be shipped over etc but the total cost to you including shipping is £18.65.

Give them a call on 01273 444000, ask for Luke and tell him Rob recommended him :smiley:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:02:24 am »
I got my r32 rear badge of vw heritage as they are rare now...

willni

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 08:05:06 am »

Chaps - I managed to source the OE badge from VW Classic Parts in Germany. VW Heritage in West Sussex are a dealer for them - today I spoke to Luke and managed to order one through them  :happy2:

If you're after the badge delivery is 3-4 weeks as they place an order once a week with VW CP and have to wait for it to be shipped over etc but the total cost to you including shipping is £18.65.

Give them a call on 01273 444000, ask for Luke and tell him Rob recommended him :smiley:

Thanks for that went at ordered one there, got quoted £15+postage, wasn't for buying one at £30

I got my r32 rear badge of vw heritage as they are rare now...

Funny that, tried to get one from them but didnt have any in stock at all

Offline RobC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 08:19:25 am »

Thanks for that went at ordered one there, got quoted £15+postage, wasn't for buying one at £30

No probs, me neither!