Make a donation

Author Topic: MC's R  (Read 32160 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: MC's R
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »
^^^^  :signLOL:........and still no one listens!!

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2017, 06:05:18 pm »
So......

The Engine bay is now clean...that took some time  :ashamed:!! I want to fill that gap at the front in the bay so I've ordered a lower engine cover thingymabob from AwesomeGTI and have also ordered some stickers/decals from Badgeskins for the engine cover emblem and lettering. Once those bits arrive I'll decide on paint for the engine bay bits.....Gloss Black with Matt Black 2 tone combo or just Gloss Black or possibly the lot in Lapiz Blue....hmmm. Also put the Forge caps on...

Trying out some a new snow foam, DoDo Juice Apple iFoam, and it smells lovely. I need to make it a little thicker next time so it sits longer but seems good and did remove a fair bit of the crud and dirt. Also put the Gloss Black emblems back on so will live with them for a while and see if they grow on me....

Snow Foam and snowing...

Quick polish and Emblems swapped to Black....

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:15:10 pm by MC71 »

Offline peter_booker2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »
This is looking like its going to be as incredible as your ED30 was Martin. Really interested in following this and seeing how much power you can eek out of the car.

Those wheels look absolutely fantastic btw.  :happy2: :happy2:
Past: MK5 Golf GTI, Black Magic Pearl, Xenons, SatNav, MFSW, Highline
Past: Edition 30 #1411, Tornado Red, Xenons, Revo Intake, H+R Springs, Highline, DSG,

Current: Mk5 Golf GTI, Steel Grey, 3dr, Manual

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2017, 09:37:47 pm »
I love the details that have been added - the spats, splitter, & sill extensions look just OEM, but even better to those of us in the know!

Look forward to hearing about the performance mods once the coolant issue is sorted. Can't believe the space in the MK7 bay compared to the MK5. Does it feel like a bigger car to drive than the MK5?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline trackep

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2017, 08:45:16 am »
another great update!!!!! Your making me want to chop my ED30 in for a MK7 ha!!!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2017, 12:14:31 pm »
This is looking like its going to be as incredible as your ED30 was Martin. Really interested in following this and seeing how much power you can eek out of the car.

Those wheels look absolutely fantastic btw.  :happy2: :happy2:

Re power? As with my Eddy I'd like a usable high powered car. Ideally I'd like a Jekyll and Hyde.......nice and friendly while pottering around town or on a daytrip with my precious grandkids or (when the fancy takes me) as brutal as Mike Tyson on PCP. She won't be near the chaps now running around 600bhp but somewhere between stock and there will be cool.

And the REVO wheels are growing on me, I really like them now. I REALLY wanted the VMR wheels but the specs I was after are no longer in production due to lack of demand....Ho hum. The REVO were a decent price, are light as any other wheel around and have enough room inside for a BBK and to swing at cat....all at the same time.

I love the details that have been added - the spats, splitter, & sill extensions look just OEM, but even better to those of us in the know!

Look forward to hearing about the performance mods once the coolant issue is sorted. Can't believe the space in the MK7 bay compared to the MK5. Does it feel like a bigger car to drive than the MK5?

The Mk7 feels bigger to drive, feels bigger in the cabin and looks a fair bit wider parked up next to a MK5 or Mk6. One thing....the Mk7 R seems to have a shocking turning circle, 3 point turn or more is becoming the norm now while doing a 180 or getting out of tight parking spaces with cars behind you...grrrr.

another great update!!!!! Your making me want to chop my ED30 in for a MK7 ha!!!

Tough choice. The Eddy is an epic car. I was told my old Eddy (the Red Mistress) is up for sale......if I could justify having both... :wink:

Offline Kai96

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2017, 04:25:42 pm »
Liking all the bits and bobs that have been done. Coming together nicely  :party:

Offline TheHutchy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2017, 06:51:49 pm »
Liking all the bits and bobs that have been done. Coming together nicely  :party:

Need moreeee. So nice!