Make a donation

Author Topic: Need some help with a window part thing..  (Read 966 times)

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Need some help with a window part thing..
« on: June 25, 2017, 05:45:22 pm »
So yeah, after having replaced my window motors too many times now the clip you screw the window motor screw into has broken of and I can't use the window now since I can't tighten the motor into the part that rolls the window up and down.

The red circles in this picture is what I need replaced

Do I need to buy a new window regulator or what part hold these taps so I can tighten the motor in?
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button

4ndy

Re: Need some help with a window part thing..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 07:19:51 pm »
You need the door skin off to reveal the window mechanism.  Ive just replaced mine Not too sure the bits you need are available without buying complete window mech

Offline Christiank

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 39
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110924.0.html
Re: Need some help with a window part thing..
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:49:13 pm »
You need the door skin off to reveal the window mechanism.  Ive just replaced mine Not too sure the bits you need are available without buying complete window mech

Been looking at pictures of a new window regulator on google, but can't seem to find any pictures of a new regulator where the 3 taps are showing?
MK5 TDI 2.0 MY2005 - FULL OF RETROFITS:
MK6 dashboard - BCM converted - MK7 cruise control MFSW - PLA 2.0 - 3D instrument cluster - Discover Media 2 - Highline TPMS - 10ch Dynaudio system - KESSY with start button