Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI Seats In A Jetta  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Hendry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
GTI Seats In A Jetta
« on: June 26, 2017, 12:37:40 am »
Really wanting 5 door mk5 GTi seats in my Jetta, mines a Sport spec so already got similar shape of seats to the GTI ones but really want the tartan trim and the integrated headrest layout of the GTi seats.

Just wondering is it a straight swap? I know the fronts will fit no problem but its the rears im concerned about, I know the base will fit no problem as ive had them out of both a Golf and Jetta before and they fix into place the same way, its more the backrest im concerned with, Id assumed they were the same but Im hearing that the Golf latches to lock the backrest in position are in a different place from on a Jetta.

Also the Jetta appears to have extra rear side backrest cloth panels that the Golf doesnt have, so might mean Jetta backrests are narrower/wider than Golf ones to take account of that, and even if not id need to use my existing ones which are surely going to be a different material from GTi cloth, because Golfs never had these parts.

Ideally I need someone whos swapped Jetta seats to give me the lowdown.

Offline Barberjetta

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Re: GTI Seats In A Jetta
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:59:59 pm »
I've put a full golf GTi leather interior into my Jetta. Fits straight in without any problems. The only exception are the doorcards are different