Make a donation

Author Topic: Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Ganan53

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:06:20 pm »
Hey all,

I've had a look around and couldn't find the answer to my question.

Basically I know the edition 30 had 230bhp, different body kit and interior trim but I was wondering if there were any other extras it got over the standard gti?

Bluetooth, winter pack, luxury pack?

Wondering if anyone had some insight?

Thanks

G

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:11:25 pm »
I don't think the ED30 had any 'packs' as standard.  Just heated half leather and a red stitched steering wheel were standard afaik?

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »
Gearstick as well?

Other than that - the options you have listed were options for any GTI

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 04:43:06 pm »
The rear light clusters on an ed30 are the same cherry red ones you get on an R32.

Trim wise, like the guys have mentioned, it's just those few interior bits, deeper front lip, colour coded skirts and a different rear bumper.

The main differences are under the bonnet. K04, different injectors, and the engine internals are stronger than the K03 engines.

Unfortunately an ed30 was out of my budget when I bought my GTI. Of course I'm not brave enough to add up what I've spent on it since..

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:47:00 pm »
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the rear lights are different on the 30.

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere which lists the standard equipment and also what each pack gives you?

Is the full display, think it's called 'Highline' optional?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:49:48 pm »
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the rear lights are different on the 30.

I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere which lists the standard equipment and also what each pack gives you?

Is the full display, think it's called 'Highline' optional?
I think it is, my 07 GTI has Highline. Or maybe it was retrofitted by a previous owner. Who knows!

Yeah there's definitely a thread like that... somewhere

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 05:48:01 pm »
Thread on here somewhere from '08!!  :signLOL:

Highline was an option on the Eddy too, IIRC it was only about £50 and some tight arse buggers didn't tick it!

No packs were standard, no Bluetooth.....not even Cruise control. You could get a poverty spec Eddy as you could a GTI.

Exterior has the full colour coded body kit, 18" Pescara wheels, darker rear light clusters. Interior had the tartan seats with leather bolsters, differnt door cards, gear nob, lighting but as mentioned main difference was under the bonnet re K04 etc etc.

I've the original brochure at home....ill have a look laters and see what was what.  :happy2:

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:50:11 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 06:08:24 pm »

Highline was an option on the Eddy too, IIRC it was only about £50 and some tight arse buggers didn't tick it!

No packs were standard, no Bluetooth.....not even Cruise control. You could get a poverty spec Eddy as you could a GTI.

Exterior has the full colour coded body kit, 18" Pescara wheels, darker rear light clusters. Interior had the tartan seats with leather bolsters, differnt door cards, gear nob, lighting but as mentioned main difference was under the bonnet re K04 etc etc.

I've the original brochure at home....ill have a look laters and see what was what.  :happy2:

This one http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5050.0.html

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »
^^^^ yeap...that's it!  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 10:40:08 am »

Good info mate  :smiley:

The original buyer of mine got fresh with the options sheet I think.   Highline display, heated washer jets / washer level warning, xenons, sunroof, heated seats (I'm guessing this is all a 'winter pack'), cruise control, arm rest ('Comfort pack'?) and some other bits I can't remember.

Interestingly, there is a white sticker on the interior fuse board saying "Dealer fitted option: Cruise control".  So you're right, out of the factory, these cars don't come with a lot as standard!

Offline Leco_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 12:08:04 pm »
Mine is a 05 GTI (not Ed30) with heated seats. My question is: why do I have headlight washers if I don't have xenons?  :thinking:

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 12:35:04 pm »
That is an odd one!  Was it an option without xenons?  Maybe the car had xenons originally and they were sold on and swapped for normal lights?  Do the washers work?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 01:52:59 pm »

Good info mate  :smiley:

The original buyer of mine got fresh with the options sheet I think.   Highline display, heated washer jets / washer level warning, xenons, sunroof, heated seats (I'm guessing this is all a 'winter pack'), cruise control, arm rest ('Comfort pack'?) and some other bits I can't remember.

Interestingly, there is a white sticker on the interior fuse board saying "Dealer fitted option: Cruise control".  So you're right, out of the factory, these cars don't come with a lot as standard!
Same here, mine's got all that too. Apart from cruise... but it does have puddle lights, auto tilt passenger mirror, folding mirrors, Highline, heated seats, sunroof, pretty much the works, and......

Headlight washers without Xenons! I've always suspected that to be the case with mine - that it did have Xenons from new, but somewhere down the line they got 'harvested'!

I did read somewhere that headlight washers could be specced without Xenons, but I don't know how true that is.

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:23 pm »
Winter Pack had washers without xenons. It was an option and weird one at that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:58:17 pm by Rossimac »

Offline Leco_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 02:38:36 pm »
That is an odd one!  Was it an option without xenons?  Maybe the car had xenons originally and they were sold on and swapped for normal lights?  Do the washers work?

Hi Pudding,

I don't know if that was an option. There is a lot of GTI's on Auto Trader with non-xenon headlights and the washers. I never checked if they work. I will give it a go and see. I read somewhere that the washers only work every 5th time that you wash the windscreen.