Make a donation

Author Topic: Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI  (Read 3355 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 03:35:04 pm »
That is an odd one!  Was it an option without xenons?  Maybe the car had xenons originally and they were sold on and swapped for normal lights?  Do the washers work?

Hi Pudding,

I don't know if that was an option. There is a lot of GTI's on Auto Trader with non-xenon headlights and the washers. I never checked if they work. I will give it a go and see. I read somewhere that the washers only work every 5th time that you wash the windscreen.

Rossimac just confirmed it was an option /\ above.   From memory, my washers come on the first time you use them after switching the headlights on, and then as you say, every 5th squirt (or something) after that.

I've never seen the point of them tbh.  I dunno, I just can't get my head around spraying water at the lights in traffic would actually do anything?  80s/90s cars had actual wiper blades for the lights!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Leco_GTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 03:54:51 pm »
Thanks Rossimac.

And yes, it's a weird option to have.

And having the wipers on the headlight it's ugly but that's just my opinion. I have seen some cars with this.

Cheers.

Offline Ganan53

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 10:01:13 pm »
Mine is a 05 GTI (not Ed30) with heated seats. My question is: why do I have headlight washers if I don't have xenons?  :thinking:

Lol, I thought the same thing. I'm looking at a Eddy 30, and I needed up quizzing the owner whether it had been in a front end collision. Poor chap, was a bit worried after. I've texted him to put his mind at ease!

Love the comments!

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 08:48:48 am »
Seems to be the case with VWs I've seen MK6 gtis with washers and no xenons too

willni

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 08:59:11 am »
That is an odd one!  Was it an option without xenons?  Maybe the car had xenons originally and they were sold on and swapped for normal lights?  Do the washers work?

Hi Pudding,

I don't know if that was an option. There is a lot of GTI's on Auto Trader with non-xenon headlights and the washers. I never checked if they work. I will give it a go and see. I read somewhere that the washers only work every 5th time that you wash the windscreen.

Rossimac just confirmed it was an option /\ above.   From memory, my washers come on the first time you use them after switching the headlights on, and then as you say, every 5th squirt (or something) after that.

I've never seen the point of them tbh.  I dunno, I just can't get my head around spraying water at the lights in traffic would actually do anything?  80s/90s cars had actual wiper blades for the lights!

Because in the 80/90's they were all about that rally lifestyle...and dogging  :signLOL:

Offline Greigzy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 10:43:22 am »
I believe the washers came with the winter pack. That was heated seats, headlight washers and low washer fluid indication from memory.

So if you car has washers and no xenons it could be because of that.