Make a donation

Author Topic: What pads do you use ??  (Read 1771 times)

Offline FA15AL

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
What pads do you use ??
« on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:53 am »
Currently I'm running textar front pads and am really starting to regret buying them, under harsh use I feel like after awhile my brake performance drops drastically. Sometimes I feel as though I won't be able to stop in time, anyone else had the same issue ??

What brake setup are you guys running ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chimp400

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 46
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2008 Edition 30
Re: What pads do you use ??
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 06:07:23 am »
Textar are a reasonable quality pad, made by the same company as pagid.
If your getting brake fade with these then you need to look toward a more performance orientated pad.
Problem is with these is some of them dont work that well from cold and need warming up to get the best out of them so its a compromise.
I cant suggest any brands sorry as ive never needed to use them but ive not heard many good reports about EBC stuff.
2008 Edition 30, R-Tech Stage 1 plus many other mods.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:21:50 am »
Standard VW ones are fine if you don't beat on the brakes regularly.  Mintex M1144 are decent upgrade, but can be noisy.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline FA15AL

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 07:22:42 pm »
Textar are a reasonable quality pad, made by the same company as pagid.
If your getting brake fade with these then you need to look toward a more performance orientated pad.
Problem is with these is some of them dont work that well from cold and need warming up to get the best out of them so its a compromise.
I cant suggest any brands sorry as ive never needed to use them but ive not heard many good reports about EBC stuff.

That's what I thought, I think il have to just go by trail and error I guess. Yeah I've seen mixed reviews about ebc. Thank though

Offline FA15AL

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 07:26:00 pm »
Standard VW ones are fine if you don't beat on the brakes regularly.  Mintex M1144 are decent upgrade, but can be noisy.
I give them a try and see how it goes, if all fails probably upgrade the calipers and so on.