Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI polybushes  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
GTI polybushes
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:03:31 pm »
My cars having both rear wheel bearings replaced so considering fitting some polybushes as well. 2 issues I have,

At slow speeds when in first gear driving, if I come off the accelerator I hear a knocking noise. Sounds like it's coming from the centre towards the front.. just had 2 drop links on the front so not that. Also the main engine mount is polybushed so not that. I think it could be the engine mount bracket but not sure. Considering having the small front engine mount polybushed to hopefully cure the knocking, it's power flex bush PFF85-505

Also on boost the steering wheel pulls to the right. Alignment does need done but don't think the pulls cos of the alignment. Cars already running WALK, so I'm going to polybush both front wishbones, power flex PPF85-501.

Sound like I'm on the right track? Cars running stock suspension apart from Eibach pro springs so mildly lowered..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:06:20 pm by Black9 »

Offline mayesj86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
  • Candy white ED30
Re: GTI polybushes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:57 am »
Sounds like it could be you top mounts knocking. Mine was doing the same thing until I changed them for slightly stronger units. They are a known weak point.
It may also be your sub frame knocking a wee bit too. The bolts stretch that hold it to the car. awesome gti do a collar kit that fixes that issue.

Pulling to the right could be a number of small issues. To be honest I think youll find an alignment will cure a lot of that. Again happened when I changed suspension over until it was aligned.

Polybushing isn't to everyone's taste buddy it can cause more road noise and be a little harsher of a ride. Personally I don't think it makes it much worse and I have 80% of suspension bushes as poly.

Cheers
Jason

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
Re: GTI polybushes
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 12:11:17 pm »
Forgot to mention car had new top mounts and subframe bushes too