Make a donation

Author Topic: For sale question.  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Boosht

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
For sale question.
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »
Why is it so difficult to sell a car now without soending a fortune on advertising?, i have a great car but need to cut back on finances so got a cheaoer car yet mine is still on the forsae board???, maybe ive not listen somthing right or there is somthing im missing??

Offline J4k3

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: For sale question.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:04:20 pm »
 Best place to advertise a car imo is auto trader, whenever I have listed a car on there it has generally sold within a week or two, as long as your reasonable with your price that is as well.

Offline TheHutchy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 03:35:02 pm »
And isn't littered with mods! Strip it back, keep it stock and well priced and it will be a quick sell after your listing is placed!

Offline Gary

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:16:39 pm »
eBay classifieds have been the best for me in the past, places like Guntree are also good.

Offline Boosht

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 01:21:35 pm »
Hey peeps, sorry been burying my head in work, ok still driving the car as no one's been to view yet, lots of calls of interest, but no suitable time for people to view.

It is stock yes, it's got a few.more.miles on it now and rust on both front wings just starting to show, oh and a/c needs are gas and anseal.kit.

I had it listed on some free sites, all i got was calls about false car accident, or list your car on this web site selection it to traders today etc, a load of baloney, ok peeps so what is a fair price to list my car on air trader now ??, I think I'll pay for selling now and move to my other car just sitting there looking sorry for it's self.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 01:35:50 pm »
It's a buyers market now.  A lot of people are binning off privately owned cars in favour of leasing, MK5s are plentiful, MK6s and MK7s are plentiful and the MK8 is around the corner, which all make it harder to sell an old MK5. 

Having said that, it is odd you haven't been able to sell a £3K GTI since March!   The price is good, so maybe your selling technique is the issue if you're saying you haven't got time for viewings.  Nobody is going to walk up to your door and hand over £3K just like that.  You have to put some effort in.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Boosht

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:23:19 pm »
Noted, I've not been difficult her, but anchap who worked nights wanted to view daytime, but I work day time and have only a short lunch, was one example, mainly I have people calling and spending a good half hour discussing the car then pop a question saying I only have 2,000 can come tonight and collect, this does annoy me somewhat...