Make a donation

Author Topic: P000A fault code.  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Wastedspark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
P000A fault code.
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:17:19 pm »
So I've just replaced my cam chain and tensioner (much quieter now)
But after a 5 Mile drive I had a fault light, I've checked the codes and got the "cam shaft slow to respond" code,

After a bit of investigation I'm thinking I might have damaged the plastic rings on the cam adjuster, is there a way to repair these or do I need to buy a whole cam adjuster cover?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
Re: P000A fault code.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »
AKS Tuning sell the rings.  Pop the cover off and replace them.  When the chain cover goes back on, you need to make sure it goes back on dead square.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Wastedspark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
Thanks Pudding,

I actually found AKS on google after an hour of searching and popped over this morning, they're only 20 miles away, got them home and fitted in an hour,

Car runs well again and no fault light,

Looks like a good outfit AKS, I've gone 20 years working on my own cars and since buying the mk5 nearly 2 years ago I've found two garages i trust,

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 10:09:46 am »
Thanks Pudding,

I actually found AKS on google after an hour of searching and popped over this morning, they're only 20 miles away, got them home and fitted in an hour,

Car runs well again and no fault light,

Looks like a good outfit AKS, I've gone 20 years working on my own cars and since buying the mk5 nearly 2 years ago I've found two garages i trust,

Good to know you sorted it!   Was one or more rings cracked?

Yeah they have a great reputation.  I'm heading up there next week for the first time for a bit of work, and by the sounds of it, I will also have 2 garages I trust.  Been working on my cars since 1990  :smiley:  I'm at the age now where I can't be bothered to do some work.....mostly work that involves getting under the car!

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:38 am »
So I've just replaced my cam chain and tensioner (much quieter now)
But after a 5 Mile drive I had a fault light, I've checked the codes and got the "cam shaft slow to respond" code,

After a bit of investigation I'm thinking I might have damaged the plastic rings on the cam adjuster, is there a way to repair these or do I need to buy a whole cam adjuster cover?

@mkmg76

Offline Wastedspark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 12:19:05 pm »

Good to know you sorted it!   Was one or more rings cracked?

Yeah they have a great reputation.  I'm heading up there next week for the first time for a bit of work, and by the sounds of it, I will also have 2 garages I trust.  Been working on my cars since 1990  :smiley:  I'm at the age now where I can't be bothered to do some work.....mostly work that involves getting under the car!
[/quote]

Just the one ring was broken but I changed all three, the last one was brittle and snapped straight away, I have one original as a spare now.