Make a donation

Author Topic: My new baby Golf 2005 GTI with R32 rear  (Read 2305 times)

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My new baby Golf 2005 GTI with R32 rear
« on: July 12, 2017, 07:28:37 pm »
Hi members just recently bought my new baby GTI. It comes with full leather interior, xenons and in car iPod docking station with the old style connector dohhhh.

It also has a R32 rear end and a twin exhaust system professionally installed by Power Flow and also an ITG induction kit which i don't have a clue if it's any good or what does it do.  A real newbie to the scene.  Hopefully one of the members can explain what the add on's do in plain english.  Drives like a dream but needs a little TLC and find out the fault with the cruise control as it's not engaging.

I have already installed a new third brake light as the previous was not working at all.  Had to hack it out after watching a couple of videos on Youtube and change the light switch as it was flaking and a distraction in the cabin. Just need to replace the door console switch panel and switches and the rear boot lid emblem.  The thing is bubbling.  Also bought a new original GTI badge and now thinking should have I bought an R32 badge lol?

I am not trying to pass it off as an R32.

More photos to come and hopefully make some new friends on the way.  Always admired and been a fan of the Golf GTI now it's reality.

Untitled by chaggs1, on Flickr

IMG_6091 by chaggs1, on Flickr
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:42:36 pm by northernmunkey1 »

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: My new baby Golf 2005 GTI with R32 rear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:18:57 pm »
Big guns at the back lol

IMG_6146 by chaggs1, on Flickr

Offline EddieFosts

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:08:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Car looks smart - looks like it's got a few supporting mods on there already too!

I imagine it will have been subject to a remap having had an exhaust system and air intake fitted. I think sticking with the GTI badge is a better idea as otherwise it'll definitely look like it's trying to be a R32! GTI and proud  :pomppomp:

Offline northernmunkey1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:07 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome EddieFosts.   No bud it's not been remapped well that's what the seller stated.  I think it's got a enough power at the moment.  Not even sure what remapping would do or cost. 
Regarding the badge the front GTI badge was missing so it had to be a GTI, loud and proud.  A mate at work asked why I didn't get an R32 badge to replace it I said "It would be fake and I didn't think off it lol"  Now not sure if I should have bought one?

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 03:32:25 pm »
I think he may be referring to the rear badge being an R badge. Swap that for a GTI  :happy2: RE: the R32 bumper and exhaust - a lot of people like that look, dont worry about looking like something your're not. GTI's are better anyway  :wink: The wheels, front end etc all say GTI. Nice car bud!

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:29 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome EddieFosts.   No bud it's not been remapped well that's what the seller stated.  I think it's got a enough power at the moment.  Not even sure what remapping would do or cost. 
Regarding the badge the front GTI badge was missing so it had to be a GTI, loud and proud.  A mate at work asked why I didn't get an R32 badge to replace it I said "It would be fake and I didn't think off it lol"  Now not sure if I should have bought one?
You were right to get a GTI badge.

I've got an R32 rear on mine as well, and the only reason for it was that I liked the look of it with the BCS R32 style exhaust tips - not because I wanted to pretend it was an R32.

I do get the odd silly comment from mates, like "is it an R32 replica?" or "I bet you wish it was as fast as an R32!"

Errrr, no. Pillocks. The irony is that my GTI wipes the floor with R32s. Even a Stage 1 GTI would push one.

I like to think that it's only really the ill-informed that'd confuse a sorted GTI that happens to have an R32 rear, with an R32 replica (most of which are dervs with big arch gap and tiny brakes making them easy to spot from a mile off....)

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 03:41:52 pm »
I think he may be referring to the rear badge being an R badge. Swap that for a GTI  :happy2: RE: the R32 bumper and exhaust - a lot of people like that look, dont worry about looking like something your're not. GTI's are better anyway  :wink: The wheels, front end etc all say GTI. Nice car bud!
Agreed!

Yeah, definitely get rid of any R badges!