Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine tapping/ ticking noise. Video enclosed  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Dave_d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 5
Engine tapping/ ticking noise. Video enclosed
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:50:23 pm »
Hi guys. Does anyone know what could be causing this ticking/tapping noise?

Thank you

Offline Dave_d

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Engine tapping/ ticking noise. Video enclosed
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:48:36 am »
No one?

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:19:45 pm »
Ok so I am not expert but since I changed my cam chain on my Eddie I am paranoid about noises.  Changing the chain solved my issue but it didn't sound like your noise. Things to check.. N80 evap purge valve does make a ticking a little like that, all the GTi's do but some can be louder than others and its normal. Its at the front of the engine on the right as you look at the engine. It doesn't sound like injectors either as they are more a background level of ticking.

Hold the valve or use a screwdriver to touch the body and see if the timing is the same as the noise.

Check this link here to see where it is http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119267

Something else to check is the fuel pump but I have a feeling if its doing that then you could have a problem as they don't tick! Finally can you get anyone to check for any DTC's using VCDS to verify no errors? If there aren't any I would suggest you could just live with it?

Rip.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.

Offline Guy123

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 08:41:06 pm »
Did you sort/find out what this ticking noise was?