Make a donation

Author Topic: Does bluetooth need highline dash?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Does bluetooth need highline dash?
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:51:28 am »
 Where is Eddie_NL these days? He used to be the master of these things.

I think I've screwed up. Its for my wife Polo but I know things are pretty interchangeable so I'm guessing the same principals apply?

She's got the RCD510 head unit and the bury bluetooth that sits on the dash. I bought the proper 7P6 J revision bluetooth module and loom and was planning on installing that so she can also stream music but I've suddenly though that she probably needs the highland clocks as well so she can connect the phone etc??

Is there any way to do it without this?

If not... I need to buy a highland clock.. anyone on here that can code it in Eddie_NL's absence?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: Does bluetooth need highline dash?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:45 am »
What I normally do when my phone can't find the 7p6 units is use vcds to clear all the old profiles from the unit, unplug the unit and plug back in. Then do a search to pair it.

What happens when you press phone button on the rcd 510

You won't need highline dash for it. Can all be done from phone and controlled from rcd or rns.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:00:33 am »
What I normally do when my phone can't find the 7p6 units is use vcds to clear all the old profiles from the unit, unplug the unit and plug back in. Then do a search to pair it.

You won't need highline dash for it. Can all be done from phone and controlled from rcd or rns.

Ah brilliant news.

I've not actually fitted it yet. I was going to do it tonight but just suddenly thought about the highline dash on the way to work this morning and got worried it wouldn't work.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

willni

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »

Ah brilliant news.

I've not actually fitted it yet. I was going to do it tonight but just suddenly thought about the highline dash on the way to work this morning and got worried it wouldn't work.

Can't really comment, but I had the rcd510 and bury running in my polo at the same time with no trouble. But I'm sure you know the polo is very user friendly so you should be able to just operate it through the rcd510.

https://uk-polos.net/ Has a very very good network of electrical modification if you ever need guides etc

Edit;  never mind just saw you posted on it  :ashamed: