Make a donation

Author Topic: What brake lines - S3 upgrade.  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
What brake lines - S3 upgrade.
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »
I have some S3 big brakes waiting to go on. Do I need new brake lines? If so what do you recommend I get. Thanks!

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
Re: What brake lines - S3 upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »
Hel braided lines.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline Tazocin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:01:40 pm »
I used Hel front lines for my r32 fronts which should be identical and they were fine. Check if the calipers you have come with the hard pipe as a standard off the shelf set of lines assumes they do so comes with a female-female line with no o-ring. I gave Hel a ring and in 5 mins had the correct lines ordered and sent as I didnt have the hard pipe attachment so needed a 45 degree o-ring attached

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:13:11 am »
Ok, thanks! Hel lines for an r32 and make sure the hard line is on the caliper, if not I need to get them anything else?

Offline Tazocin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:36:49 am »
Well, its just check before you order. When I rang Hel and explained I had no hard line on the caliper they made up a set of lines with an angled o-ring and supplied the bolt and crush washers for me. If you order stock then it will assume it has the correct attachment on the caliper so wont have an o-ring. second hand calipers come in either form but most refurbished ones (I've found) wont have the section of hard piping that connects the caliper to the brake line. You cant use the lines on the car already as they are not long enough which is why you need new ones so check and dont make the mistake I did of buying stock then having to reorder another set with the o-ring made up for me  :ashamed:

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:20:53 pm »
Do you have any pictures of the hardline part? They are original and haven't been refurbished so hopefully they should have the hardline.

Offline Richie-VRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5

Offline Mk5. EWC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 10:52:26 am »
Did you have any other issues with the lines or just making the hole bigger? If S3 and R32 calipers are the same buying R32 discs and pads will be fine.