Make a donation

Author Topic: EGR Value issue P0401  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Dragonslayer2

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
EGR Value issue P0401
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:07:32 am »
Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone could help,

Replaced twice EGR value within 1 year by garage (One was replaced again under warranty and free of charge). This was done couple of weeks ago and already the dreaded P0401 has come up again this week.

Car is 2006 plate 1.6 FSI engine and engine is sound other than P0401 code keeps popping up.

Car does approx min 500 miles motorway driving per week.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: EGR Value issue P0401
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 05:23:56 pm »
So they replaced both the EGR-N18 and Potentiometer-G212(not sure if they come together or not)...but have they looked at the withdrawal tube, pn:03C131521T, to inspect whether or not it is stuck closed?
The code states under...Possible Causes

Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow restricted/clogged
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve stuck closed/leaking/faulty
    Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve faulty
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System faulty

...and if your tube is similar to our 2.0t FSI, it has a simple valve inside that can/does get stuck. Mine was replaced twice...not because stuck, but for an open campaign when brought in for repairs.

The EGR is on page 9 here: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_296_d1.pdf
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Dragonslayer2

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: EGR Value issue P0401
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:37 pm »
Hi ROH ECHT,

Thanks for the help so far!! This issue has been a nightmare over the last couple of weeks!

The EGR N18 and Part G212 were both new and come together.

Could possibly be withdrawal tube as there is two different ones fitted on EGR.

I am having trouble sourcing a new one, any ideas? most probably will be an ebay job..

Thanks