Author Topic: VWR Intake disappointing  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 382
Re: VWR Intake disappointing
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »
Good news at last!!!
Unfortunately I thought the day would never come also so had the intake fitted by Will at VRS Northampton. Top bloke by the way!!
I can certainly see what you all have complained about. It’s not what you’d expect for double the price of others on the market.

Rest assured, *all* of the snagging points were raised and duly noted by the VWR staff  :happy2:   

Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.

Offline Pudding

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 382
Re: VWR Intake disappointing
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2018, 05:14:28 PM »
Not quite sure what to make of these large and well resourced firms churning out expensive but inadequately developed products some 10 years after the Mk5 went out of production. It seems to me that Racingline often rebrands another company’s product (eg ITG / vibratechnic / superpro / AST / Team Dynamics / Eibach) with some minor tinkering at most and adds an extra layer into the distribution chain to create a more expensive product.

They have their own in-house CAD and 3D printing facilities, but volume producers they most definitely are not, hence contracting it out to established factories.
You can indeed ring DemonTweeks and buy ProRace 1.2s sans the embossed rims for less than what VWR charge for exactly the same thing.  Racingline don't try and disguise this fact though.  I suppose the advantage of Racingline is they are using their production contacts to bring everything together in a one stop shop style outlet, which for level 1 enthusiasts is a lot easier than spending hours searching for parts separately.
Black Edition 30 with manually selected cogs, a beefier clutch, some extra boost and them Whiteline thingies, otherwise standard.