Make a donation

Author Topic: VWR Intake disappointing  (Read 48501 times)

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: VWR Intake disappointing
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2018, 09:33:21 pm »
@Pudding any recent updates ?
looking for an intake for my Ed35 (which is just en Edition 30 really) , and this intake would be my first choice
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2018, 09:43:06 pm »
Hi John

Sorry, I’ve been busy recently and forgot to post an update I got from Matt Ellis last week.  It’s definitely still in progress  :happy2:

Quote from: RacingLine
We’re putting a new MAF pipe into production as we speak as we had a few issues with some previous designs that we were not happy with during testing. Our CAD guy is also re-designing the Grill intake so we don’t have to use a different coupling in the middle (doing some testing showed that using a corrugated centre section between the filter and pipe caused excessive filter movement).

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline JamesED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:31 pm »
Any updates????

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2018, 11:30:52 am »
6 months later and it's still not been dealt with..... 6 months!!!

As I said before - Too much money to be made in the newer platforms than resolving something that won't turn a profit on older platforms
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2018, 03:10:05 pm »
Sorry guys, I'm afraid we need to suffer Racingline/ITGs indifference for a bit longer.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I'm struggling now.  As Dan said, 6 months to make some small changes is way over the top.  The last update I got from Matt was yesterday, to tell me the delay is with ITG and he's going to chase them up.  I'm not holding my breath. The Christmas wind down will start soon, so nothing will happen this year.

I note Awesome are still punting the old kit out at £438 (KO4 engine), and I also note Racingline have added big piles of manure to their marketing spiel. 'Simply the best'  :grin:

It's sh*tty business ethics imo.  The kit should be pulled from the shelves until it's sorted, but as it hasn't been, it shows what kind of company they are.   Chasing race team contracts and profit first, customers second.  I know that is pretty standard practice in greedy capitalist nations, but wouldn't it be nice, just for once, to have a company on the side of the customer?  It certainly started that way with the initial meeting, but we got kicked into the long grass unfortunately.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2018, 07:39:24 pm »
This is disappointing. I've been keeping an eye on this with the fact in mind that there are loads of you guys in the crap predicament of having put the cash up for what you thought was a product deserving of the cost.

It was encouraging that they did listen initially. If there's one thing that sells a brand to me personally it's their aftercare. But it just seems to have fizzled out. All credit to Kev and the rest of you for persisting diplomatically though.

Maybe the thing that irks me most is that some of you guys on this forum could undoubtedly design and (with the kit and tooling) produce the proper revision that Racingline are dragging their heels on. And the majority of us don't even have day jobs in the tuning industry.

All you can do is be patient, keep knocking. Again, credit to you for pushing this. I hope something comes of it. Otherwise they're simply losing a swath of customers, and it doesn't take long for a good word or a bad word to spread far and wide in this day and age of instant information in a small world.

Maybe the best option is just the standard airbox like has been mentioned. It works. Ok, you might miss out on a bit of power right at the top, but is that caveat worse than the caveats the Racingline (and most other) intakes bring to the table?

Anyway. I'll keep checking the thread. Keep hoping things look up. Good luck.

Offline JamesED30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2018, 11:54:10 am »
Still nothing new yet?
This is quite poor really.
The rubber strap on mine broke within two weeks of VRS fitting it.
For the asking price you’d expect a really high quality product. 😩

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »
This is disappointing. I've been keeping an eye on this with the fact in mind that there are loads of you guys in the crap predicament of having put the cash up for what you thought was a product deserving of the cost.

It was encouraging that they did listen initially. If there's one thing that sells a brand to me personally it's their aftercare. But it just seems to have fizzled out. All credit to Kev and the rest of you for persisting diplomatically though.

Maybe the thing that irks me most is that some of you guys on this forum could undoubtedly design and (with the kit and tooling) produce the proper revision that Racingline are dragging their heels on. And the majority of us don't even have day jobs in the tuning industry.

All you can do is be patient, keep knocking. Again, credit to you for pushing this. I hope something comes of it. Otherwise they're simply losing a swath of customers, and it doesn't take long for a good word or a bad word to spread far and wide in this day and age of instant information in a small world.

Maybe the best option is just the standard airbox like has been mentioned. It works. Ok, you might miss out on a bit of power right at the top, but is that caveat worse than the caveats the Racingline (and most other) intakes bring to the table?

Anyway. I'll keep checking the thread. Keep hoping things look up. Good luck.

Indeed! If I had access to their CAD gear and 3D printer, I could have made the changes myself months ago  :grin:  It started out really positively.  As I said a while back, they had already designed the improvements on their CAD gear whilst I was there, so I can only assume the delay is with ITG.  But the onus is also on Racingline to chase them up regularly on our behalf, which I can also assume isn't happening.  The irony of all this is small companies hate bad publicity and get all defensive when criticised, but they bring it upon themselves.  How difficult is it to pick up the phone to ITG and ask what the progress is?  30 seconds work, ffs.

Maybe we should send a kit over to China and get them to copy it with my revisions.  Sell them from underneath Racingline's feet, because they clearly aren't interested in bringing this to a satisfactory resolve.  So let someone else do what they can't be arsed to do themselves?

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2018, 08:18:18 pm »
Still nothing new yet?
This is quite poor really.
The rubber strap on mine broke within two weeks of VRS fitting it.
For the asking price you’d expect a really high quality product. 😩

Nope, nada, diddly squat, square root of jack.   As I said, there will be zero f'cks given this side of christmas.

Yep, due to excessive movement, which one of the engineers at Racingline is in complete denial about.  A cheap rubber band is laughable at the price anyway.  How on earth are ITG a supplier to F1 if that's the crap they sign off?

Well given the fact I can't sell my kit, I think it's safe to say the word is spreading about the epic awfulness of it.   Look out for a Black Friday deal on them on Awesome's site  :grin:

Offline mjmallia

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2018, 08:16:48 am »
 :signLOL: :congrats:
Mike

South Coast

S3 8L ---- Golf Mk4 GT TDI ---- Lupo GTI ----  A4 B6 Sline ---- Golf Mk5 GTI

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2018, 11:03:22 pm »
Sorry guys, I'm afraid we need to suffer Racingline/ITGs indifference for a bit longer.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I'm struggling now.  As Dan said, 6 months to make some small changes is way over the top.  The last update I got from Matt was yesterday, to tell me the delay is with ITG and he's going to chase them up.  I'm not holding my breath. The Christmas wind down will start soon, so nothing will happen this year.

I note Awesome are still punting the old kit out at £438 (KO4 engine), and I also note Racingline have added big piles of manure to their marketing spiel. 'Simply the best'  :grin:

It's sh*tty business ethics imo.  The kit should be pulled from the shelves until it's sorted, but as it hasn't been, it shows what kind of company they are.   Chasing race team contracts and profit first, customers second.  I know that is pretty standard practice in greedy capitalist nations, but wouldn't it be nice, just for once, to have a company on the side of the customer?  It certainly started that way with the initial meeting, but we got kicked into the long grass unfortunately.

If it is indeed either indifference, & a Christmas wind down at the start of October? Says it all really. Sounds like two companies making way too much margin on new platform / motorsport stuff to care about rectifying an item that's not fit for purpose on an older platform road car. Many of us might be in a position to  choose to upgrade to a MK7 & mods in future (or even right now), but this whole debacle just leaves a sour taste & disappointment.

From the faults found in running the product, and now to the poor speed in resolution to a forum of enthusiasts, this is absolutely a company I would never choose to buy from again through principle.

Can you prove me wrong with any resolution Racingline?

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2018, 04:39:14 am »
Disappointing this...but not shocking. They know the mk5 market has dwindled and the amount of golf R's and new mk7 gti's on the road make this market negligible to them probably. Its more the fact they know its garbage, has an insanely high chance to cause catostrophic damage and wont rectify it...and yet ALSO they wont pull it from the shops. Dish out some rubbish about sorting it and hoping people will forget about it..yet another reason to not pay money to this company. As above I will not buy any of their products again and i will be actively putting everyone I know in the Vag scene off them.

Anyone on other forums should do the same.

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2018, 04:25:48 pm »
I don't wish to sound pessimistic but racingline will not resolve this at all. They have a very poor attitude when it come to after sales service. I've been asked to contact 3 different members of staff there and none of them have followed up my inquiry despite their initial polite responses of 'we'll look into it for you and contact you back'.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2018, 07:33:17 pm »
Reality speaks for itself. I'm also disappointed and I'm not believing that the corrections are going ahead. :sad1:

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2018, 06:03:22 am »
You guys should make your feelings known via their twitter account, that usually gets a response from businesses.