Make a donation

Author Topic: My first GTi in black! 06 reg DSG  (Read 1791 times)

Jamie_23_GTi_Mk5

My first GTi in black! 06 reg DSG
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:21:01 pm »
Well after months of thinking about getting a Mk5 GTi, and after years of loving them, I finally got one! And I'm absolutely loving it

First thing I had to do was change the tyres as the previous owner only had budget tyres on, and they were pretty slippery in the wet... so got 4 brand new Bridgestones on, and they're incredible.

Then I had to do something about the very yellow looking, musky headlights... initially tried that toothpaste trick I've heard of, and it did nothing to be honest, but they were pretty bad. So, I decided to get the Meguiars One Step Headlight Restoration Kit which worked a treat and now they're looking so much better. Had to go to sanding them but it did the trick. Also got the Osram Nightbreaker bulbs to make them look much whiter!

I'm thinking about a cold air intake next... what do you all think? Any recommendations?

I'll post progress!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:30:55 am by Jamie_23_GTi_Mk5 »

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: My first GTi in black! 06 reg DSG
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »
Welcome mate  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:47:42 am »
@Jamie_23_GTi_Mk5 looks a lovely example

I would suggest getting a few basics sorted first like a service (if it needs one) and checking the PCV Valve is the latest revision, the diverter Valve is not split (or upgrade to a DV+ if it has and funds allow) and check the cam follower is not worn and replace if necessary.

Should give you a nice platform then to build on  :happy2:

Offline golfmck1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 10:08:18 pm »
I wouldnt bother with an intake if the car is mostly standard atm
Edition 30 num 859